Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Local Football Book..lots of Grimsby content
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

New Local Football Book..lots of Grimsby content

This thread currently has 1,241 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
tintowner
February 20, 2022, 3:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
May I introduce you to my recent new local football book that I have recently published.

IMMINGHAM TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB - A Journey Through Time.
Immingham's Footballing History Revisited 1906 - 2021.

Although the book is about the origins of football in the town from 1906 onwards, there are many Grimsby connections throughout the entire book.

Early Grimsby & District Football League tables are included and feature many long forgotten local clubs such as Grimsby Rovers, Grimsby St Johns, West Marsh Paper Mills, Humber Rovers, Heneage Wesleyans, Grimsby Haycroft Rovers, Grimsby Orientalsl....the list goes on and on.

The strength of the Grimsby League just after the Second World War is highlighted in depth. Immingham Town had a very strong team at that time and had many high quality footballing battles with the likes of Grimsby Town 'A', Laceby and Grimsby Hotspurs.

The book covers the various incarnations of Immingham Town FC from 1912 to present day.

The Grimsby / Cleethorpes area has provided Immingham and it's various teams with managers, players and backroom staff from the outset.

The first manager of  Imminingham Town FC (1969 - 1995) was non other than 'Cannonball' Ron Cockerill. He was followed by other Mariners such as George McLean, Rod Fletcher, John Waite and Dave Boylen.

The book is an A4 paperback and consists of 226 pages, professionally printed and bound. It contains many league tables from leagues such as the Grimsby League, Bennett League, Humber & District League , Lincolnshire League and the Northern Counties. Many team photographs are included plus cartoons from the early days as well as old ground photos.

Price is £7.99 (with free postage if required), collection from Immingham and its also listed on Ebay.
PM for more details.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/w400f9y/Scan-20211107-2.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/n0226gt/Scan-20211107.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/ygWqdp2/EPSON-MFP-image.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/939ncGj/EPSON-MFP-image.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.ibb.co/b3HQs9m/EPSON-MFP-image.jpg[/img]

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2022, 7:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Looks fascinating TT. I see on eBay it’s click and collect. Don’t have a post option doyou?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
tintowner
February 20, 2022, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Hi .....  I can post it to you if you require.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
KingstonMariner
February 20, 2022, 7:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from tintowner
Hi .....  I can post it to you if you require.

Cheers. Thanks
👍 I’ll place an order a bit later

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
tintowner
February 20, 2022, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
tintowner
February 22, 2022, 7:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Price is now £7.99 (with free postage). Pm me or go over to ebay.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Alkalineroger
February 22, 2022, 6:10pm
Upper Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +61
Gold Stars: 1
I’ll definitely have one, can I collect next time I’m back in Immingham if I give you notice? Usually every couple of weeks?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
tintowner
February 22, 2022, 6:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
you certainly can.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Local Football Book..lots of Grimsby content

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.