Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › might be of interest to any Geeks on here!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

might be of interest to any Geeks on here!

This thread currently has 4,200 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
February 11, 2022, 9:04am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

People always make comments like this as if it’s some sort of justification to support their argument that they don’t understand something…

We’re a flipping million miles away from plenty of clubs and that’s why we sit outside the playoffs in the conference and the likes of Brentford have gone past us…people obsess over the team rather than the whole entity but that’s not something that you can do in modern football.

People don’t understand this which is why is faces criticism…try telling Klopp that this excrement is pointless…

And let’s face it, the reason Buckley mkIII was a bit excrement was because he was too out of his depth, the game had moved on. Even the great lord himself admitted that…

It doesn't sound like this is anything to do with the sporting side of things, but more the business side of things. From a sporting perspective, I absolutely agree that analysis is needed and can unlock the small differences between teams. But for a small football club with a market that is within a small radius of the town and exiles, then I'm not sure how much benefit data will bring. I guess you don't know unless you try, and as long as it's not costly, then it's a worthy experiment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
GYinScuntland
February 11, 2022, 9:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from spartacus
I'm obviously the perfect volunteer for this!

Oh, hang on a minute. I misread the thread title, I thought it said "Greeks"

I'm Spartacus!

I am Spartacus..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2022, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from aldi_01

People always make comments like this as if it’s some sort of justification to support their argument that they don’t understand something…

We’re a flipping million miles away from plenty of clubs and that’s why we sit outside the playoffs in the conference and the likes of Brentford have gone past us…people obsess over the team rather than the whole entity but that’s not something that you can do in modern football.

People don’t understand this which is why is faces criticism…try telling Klopp that this excrement is pointless…

And let’s face it, the reason Buckley mkIII was a bit excrement was because he was too out of his depth, the game had moved on. Even the great lord himself admitted that…

I think Buckley was referring to the culture around players. He was brought up and managed when you could call a spade a spade and many more things besides - Brian Clough style.

On the more general point yes of course we have to improve in all areas but whether this initiative is what we need now I am not too sure as I would think there are other pressing issues but like Penfras says it wont do any harm.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Abdul19
February 11, 2022, 9:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
We didn't need data when we got to the FA Cup semi final in 1939 so why do we need it now? The players just need more running on the beach and a trip to the docks once a month.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
GrimPol
February 11, 2022, 10:15am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -785
Gold Stars: 76
I'm not sure that the Loughborough Uni Partnership has much to do with the team of 11 that play a match. It's mostly to do with running the organisational business part.
The club is in two parts, The Team (and all who serve it) and The Club which is the business side, which pays for The Team. Ms Debbie Cook, who hails from a Charity Business background, is grappling with the business side of GTFC allowing the Manager more spend on the team.
Now business "fads" have come and gone, buzz words like "evidence-based culture"  or "practice" might sound great in a brochure, but how that changes an organisation for the better, and make the team score more goals is to be seen.
I mentioned Debbie Cooks background because charities work on a different principle to football clubs. For one thing, charities do not get promoted or demoted. The football league system is brutal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › might be of interest to any Geeks on here!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.