ginnywings
February 6, 2022, 8:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Set up like Bromley, three big centre backs, press high to get first goal then sit. Not pretty but very effective.

Your archetypal non league sides. Our game against Bromley felt the most non league game I've seen this season.

If we make it to the play offs, we will probably have to get past one of them to progress.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Heisenberg
February 6, 2022, 8:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from ginnywings

You archetypal non league sides. Our game against Bromley felt the most non league game I've seen this season.

If we make it to the play offs, we will probably have to get past one of them to progress.

Or 3.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Poojah
February 6, 2022, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from ginnywings

You archetypal non league sides. Our game against Bromley felt the most non league game I've seen this season.

The play-offs, if we make them, will be very, very tricky to negotiate. At the moment a top 5 finish looks a stretch, so finishing 6th or 7th would most likely see us having to face three of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Halifax, Bromley and Boreham Wood, none of which would be at home.

The extra two play-off places are effective in so much as they help keep the season ‘interesting’ for more teams, but I think it will be a long time before a team finishing 6th or 7th gains promotion.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
ginnywings
February 6, 2022, 8:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah

The play-offs, if we make them, will be very, very tricky to negotiate. At the moment a top 5 finish looks a stretch, so finishing 6th or 7th would most likely see us having to face three of Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Halifax, Bromley and Boreham Wood, none of which would be at home.

The extra two play-off places are effective in so much as they help keep the season ‘interesting’ for more teams, but I think it will be a long time before a team finishing 6th or 7th gains promotion.

Did I dream it, or were we the first side to win it from fourth place, or the first side to lose the home leg and still get through?

Seem to remember we defied the odds somehow, so you never know.

You can't win it if you are not in it, so...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
Heisenberg
February 6, 2022, 8:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Poojah

I do agree, but if we finish 6th or 7th this season I’d take that (I also expect it) and let’s see if we’re up to the challenge.

Tough, yes, but keeping the season alive is what it’s about. For the last 3 months I’ve thought we’re probably out of it, but we’re right back in the mix (ironically despite being 10th!!).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
GollyGTFC
February 6, 2022, 9:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Poojah
Probably not a bad thing that Boreham Wood are going to face something of a fixture like up given that we play them twice. They’ve still got half their league fixtures and at least two more cup / trophy games to play yet.

Assuming our game is rearranged for before 22nd March, they’ll have a minimum of 13 matches to play between 12th Feb and then. That’s a game every 2.9 days on average.

They already have matches scheduled for 15th & 22nd March. And 29th March is unavailable as there’s an England C fixture.

So it’s March 8th or April.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 21
TownSNAFU5
February 6, 2022, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Boreham on a long unbeaten run and have not conceded a goal in 5 FAC matches.  Impressive.  Their promotion bid could be derailed by catching up on games and tiredness.  Let’s hope that we benefit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
jamesgtfc
February 6, 2022, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Boreham on a long unbeaten run and have not conceded a goal in 5 FAC matches.  Impressive.  Their promotion bid could be derailed by catching up on games and tiredness.  Let’s hope that we benefit.

They are going to have one hell of a budget next season you would expect. And if Tshimanga gets sold by Chesterfield in the summer and they have a sell-on...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
KingstonMariner
February 7, 2022, 11:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Did I dream it, or were we the first side to win it from fourth place, or the first side to lose the home leg and still get through?

Seem to remember we defied the odds somehow, so you never know.

You can't win it if you are not in it, so...

The first in several years to do the highlighted bit, if not the first. This was mentioned in the build up to the 2nd leg on the telly. Was it Chris Hargreaves who said it?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Humbercod
February 8, 2022, 6:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Poojah

A future didn’t age well post 🙏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bournemouth v Borehamwood

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.