Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gutted...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

Gutted...

This thread currently has 3,221 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc_chris
February 5, 2022, 7:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,508
Gold Stars: 115
...to have left after 80 minutes today!  

Took my daughter for her first away day (discounting Boston in the summer) and she got restless and wanted to leave after the hour so we compromised on 80 minutes. Scared the life out of her in the car when the final scores were being read out on talksport though and the screaming that went alongside it.

Other than a 20 or so minute spell in the first half where we were really poor imo, I thought we played well, especially in the second half. If we can consistently find that second half level of performance - perhaps with a bit more guile in and around the box - then I can't see the play-offs being an issue at all. Long way to go though.

Awesome support, great performance in the end and ultimately a great win. Get in town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
RichMariner
February 5, 2022, 10:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,160
Gold Stars: 211
First match I attended this season was the home game v County.

We'd won all six matches at BP up until that day. Couldn't make the reverse fixture today, I should've known we'd win it!

I've got a (nearly) four-year-old and I'm desperate to take him to a Town match, but he really won't sit still for two minutes and he's not really shown any interest in sport so far.

Yet I see other Town fans take their kids - some clearly younger than mine - and I wonder how the hell they get them to sit through 90 mins?!

I was a footy nut from as young as I can remember. But I remember feeling restless and a bit bored, if I'm being honest, at my first Town game - and I was seven. Sat for the best part of two hours when all I wanted to do was kick a ball myself.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Rodley Mariner
February 5, 2022, 10:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from RichMariner
First match I attended this season was the home game v County.

We'd won all six matches at BP up until that day. Couldn't make the reverse fixture today, I should've known we'd win it!

I've got a (nearly) four-year-old and I'm desperate to take him to a Town match, but he really won't sit still for two minutes and he's not really shown any interest in sport so far.

Yet I see other Town fans take their kids - some clearly younger than mine - and I wonder how the hell they get them to sit through 90 mins?!

I was a footy nut from as young as I can remember. But I remember feeling restless and a bit bored, if I'm being honest, at my first Town game - and I was seven. Sat for the best part of two hours when all I wanted to do was kick a ball myself.

Plenty of haribo and a well charged phone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
LH
February 5, 2022, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Plenty of haribo and a well charged phone!

Yeah but what about the kids?
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Mayaman
February 6, 2022, 12:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Bad enough when I took my niece and she was 10.  Mainly due to the cold though. Mind you it was perishing. I also took an ex filipino GF.  We won 4-0 but she missed all the goals due to the fact she was watching people in the crowd!  

I watch HCMC and at the top of the stand there's a wide walkway.  I've seen families have picnics on there with toddlers. Kinda nice to see kids running around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
lukeo
February 6, 2022, 8:25am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Took my lad a couple of times when he was 4.. (Eastleigh away) He just sat on his tablet the whole game 😂 exeter away he was very slightly more interested.. Haven't tried since, hes 8 now and I'm planning on going to Yeovil, Weymouth and Eastleigh so if its my weekend to have him he'll try again! 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Kristine
February 6, 2022, 8:54am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Both mine started going at around 18 months old. It was hard work adjusting nap routines so they weren’t massively tired and I don’t miss one bit! But entertainment and distraction techniques as others have said works best. Maybe a little backpack where they can choose a couple of items to put in it?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
moosey_club
February 6, 2022, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Not sure how practical or feasible it is nowadays but I started taking my lad to the reserve games as an introduction. As they were free entry back then for STH and kids if he got fed up by half time then it wasnt a biggie to leave.
Built his endurance up that way and once he was OK for the full 90 then went to the proper games.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Maringer
February 6, 2022, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
My 6 year old doesn't have any interest in sports that I can see (difficult with the way things have gone over the past 2 years) but has asked when he can go to a game with me. I'm planning to take him to a pre-season game this summer so it won't matter when he inevitably loses interest after 5 minutes!

I remember several years ago the bloke who used to sit in front of us in the Findus took his young son and used to get quite irate with the lad when he was moaning and wouldn't sit still during a game. Not worth the hassle until they are interested.

I sit next to my Dad and we used to take my niece and nephew when they were young from time to time - they enjoyed the pre-match hotdog but inevitably lost interest immediately and sometimes fell asleep, which was going some! Also, about 5 trips to the toilet every game to deal with...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
ginnywings
February 6, 2022, 9:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Perhaps the new owners could start a creche. That's very inclusive.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gutted...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.