Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 274 Guests

Just back!

This thread currently has 12,922 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
February 5, 2022, 6:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,725
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Gaffer58
Notts thread saying the away number 2054, cannot believe that nearly 20% of those that bought tickets didn’t go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
Fette Schlange
February 5, 2022, 6:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -94
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Hagrid

Colin Slater

Ta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 70
TheRealJohnLewis
February 5, 2022, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from chaos33
Word for our travelling support….

How fantastic and dedicated and enthusiastic and willing.
It’s not as if it’s a local derby. Not as if we are top of the league. Must be 100 miles. 2500 supporters?!! Not many clubs can say that I reckon. Half your home support backing you on the road. Away game after away game, people are there in numbers, backing the boys. Saturday or Tuesday - could be hundreds of miles away, and very rarely are there fewer than 500. Our average must be 1000 or so. Absolutely superb and something to be proud of. Better than many a club in higher leagues, our away support - I salute you. Safe journey home you Mariners.

I've got the average at 938 which is amazing.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
ginnywings
February 5, 2022, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
Word for our travelling support….

How fantastic and dedicated and enthusiastic and willing.
It’s not as if it’s a local derby. Not as if we are top of the league. Must be 100 miles. 2500 supporters?!! Not many clubs can say that I reckon. Half your home support backing you on the road. Away game after away game, people are there in numbers, backing the boys. Saturday or Tuesday - could be hundreds of miles away, and very rarely are there fewer than 500. Our average must be 1000 or so. Absolutely superb and something to be proud of. Better than many a club in higher leagues, our away support - I salute you. Safe journey home you Mariners.

Would have been more if they'd given us more tickets.

Can't understand why clubs turn down income unless there are diminishing returns in terms of policing and stewards?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
louth_in_the_south
February 5, 2022, 7:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Well done Town , great job coming back to win it with 2 late goals . Says a lot about the belief and determination 👍👍

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
chaos33
February 5, 2022, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,974
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings

Would have been more if they'd given us more tickets.

Can't understand why clubs turn down income unless there are diminishing returns in terms of policing and stewards?

I agree, but I can only think that they were mindful that our huge support could give us an advantage in terms of the result. Maybe they were right. In the end we could have given them another 20k in revenue. Regardless, they’ve lost out on money and lost out on the points 🙂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 70
ska face
February 5, 2022, 7:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Was absolutely píssed out my box for most of the match so can’t offer anything on the playing side. Great day out and nice to have a chat with pontoonlew & Son of Cod, two good lads. That’s what Saturdays are about.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
Phil the cod
February 5, 2022, 7:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Taylor motm for me.
Macatee his usual self, but needs to look up at those around him in better positions. All in all a great day out with the added bonus of another nail in the scunts coffin.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Mrbump53
February 5, 2022, 8:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Shame the numpty in front of me missed the second half after kicking and breaking the seat in front of him. His mate went just after the start of the second half. The ones that got arrested and frogmarched out also missed the goals ! Thought after we equalised we sat back too much and when they had all their men including the goal keeper around our penalty box why didn't we stick someone up on the halfway line so they could have collected any clearance and have the whole opposition half to themselves.

Good win and hopefully will give a good boost of confidence.

Not sure what the two notts county fans were watching as overheard their conversation that we were s£$t and they ran riot over us ! Still we took the three points and the players showing their passion made it a great day out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
aldi_01
February 5, 2022, 8:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m truth, after 20 minutes, town dominated.

If you could write the narrative for an away day, today was probably it. Last minute winners are the stuff of dreams…the flipping hurt though…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.