Private Message
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2022, 9:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Herve Josse has just had to change his underwear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 83
pen penfras
January 31, 2022, 9:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 71
Don't get the big deal. Not going to be much to show in there since it's the Covid season and new owners were only here for the last 2/3 months. Next year's will be the telling ones as to what's changed and if we really have a competitive budget. We know last year's was low, understandably, but we gambled the opposite way to everybody else and it cost us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 83
MarinerDevil
January 31, 2022, 9:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
https://gtfc.co.uk/2021-club-accounts-released/

• Profit of £195,505
  • Turnover down 18% ( -£644,848 ), compensated by £593,216 in grants
  • 1878 have invested £1.125m since the takeover
  • "Despite becoming a private limited company,  as part of the B Corp commitment to transparency, the board has also decided to retain the same element of detail and transparency as was provided in its previous status as a PLC"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 83
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2022, 9:27am
Vodka Drinker
I was curious how our accounts would be given we no longer need to be as transparent. Very happy that we've decided to go above and beyond what is necessary.

£2.84m wage bill versus £2.49m in 2020 was a surprise I've got to be honest.

Interesting that General Match Expenses were £32k more without any fans in the ground!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 83
Son of Cod
January 31, 2022, 9:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Interesting that General Match Expenses were £32k more without any fans in the ground!

Obviously it's those bloody scotch eggs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 83
GollyGTFC
January 31, 2022, 11:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I was curious how our accounts would be given we no longer need to be as transparent. Very happy that we've decided to go above and beyond what is necessary.

£2.84m wage bill versus £2.49m in 2020 was a surprise I've got to be honest.

Does hotel costs for away games fall undet General Match Expenses?

Players all had their own room rather than sharing & weren’t we using 2 coaches to travel to allow social distancing?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 83
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2022, 11:45am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Does hotel costs for away games fall undet General Match Expenses?

Players all had their own room rather than sharing & weren’t we using 2 coaches to travel to allow social distancing?

Those costs will be covered under Team travel and accommodation I assume. Despite everything you mention, those costs were £74k compared to £88k in 2020.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 83
diehardmariner
January 31, 2022, 12:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Can't quite get my head around the wage bill going up.  Won't these accounts reflect the, ahem, voluntary paycuts taken by staff?  

If the playing budget wasn't severely reduced I'll be staggered.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 83
jamesgtfc
January 31, 2022, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Can't quite get my head around the wage bill going up.  Won't these accounts reflect the, ahem, voluntary paycuts taken by staff?  

If the playing budget wasn't severely reduced I'll be staggered.  

I don't recall anyone getting paid up last season either unless Runaway negotiated a handsome pay off when he ran away? I mean it's a totally plausible theory that he received a pay off because as a man who can't keep his mouth shut, he's said very little about the dodgy goings on in the boardroom he paid £500 to be part of.

It does raise some serious questions about last season though. In terms of the players Hurst signed I can't imagine the likes of Habergham (unemployed for 2 years) and Bunney (bouncing around the lower leagues) cost much. Lenny and Coke came from National League North side Hereford so again, I can't imagine they are on big money. Whatever we were paying for Matete can't have been much because he was a 19 year old kid who had played a few games for Fleetwood. Stefan Payne and Jake Eastwood might have cost a bit but still. All the talk coming out of the club at the start of the season was that our budget was significantly reduced due to Covid but the accounts seem to show otherwise.

It raises serious questions about what money we spent on people like Danny Rose, Felipe Morais, the 2 hour keeper coach, the loan signing of Kyle Bennett and the others but particularly him. Montel Gibson was given a 3 year deal and we also plucked Sisay and Ira Jackson out of obscurity. Looking at the accounts, I bet they couldn't believe what we were offering them.

A big deal was made about us not being able to keep players like Charles Vernam and Billy Clarke. Anthony Limbrick was publicly furloughed because he couldn't afford the pay cut imposed on him yet despite all this moaning about our budget from Runaway and the board, our wage bill went up £250k.

Thankfully, the people responsible for all but 3 weeks of those accounts aren't making decisions anymore but it really does leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Edit: Bilel Mohsni as well - I wonder what we were paying him?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 83
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accounts released today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.