moosey_club
January 29, 2022, 11:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from aldi_01

Agreed, but as my mate said, the players didn’t seemingly put up much of a fight to stay so May be they’re not arsed…

No player wants relegation to non league on their c.v.  especially the goal scorer and centre back captain.....

Plus it's Scunny so who would put up a fight to leave?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
dapperz fun pub
January 29, 2022, 11:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Poojah

It’s not particularly a laughing matter, but I wouldn’t necessarily assume Scunny will be in this division next season. See Bury, Macclesfield.

Perhaps
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Phil the cod
January 29, 2022, 1:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
I'd swap with them right now, still enough points for them to escape the drop, admittedly,it would take promotion form from them and others above them to melt down.
They always seem to spawn a way out of trouble.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
rancido
January 29, 2022, 1:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Phil the cod
I'd swap with them right now, still enough points for them to escape the drop, admittedly,it would take promotion form from them and others above them to melt down.

I wouldn't, as bad as non-league is. At least we have new owners who are trying to put us on a more sustainable footing in spite of The Leech as a millstone around our necks. With Swann as owner, when The Scunts go down I envisage total meltdown and a very strong possibility of them dropping further. Still, they can look forward to some "tasty" local derbies with Goole and Gainsborough in the not too distant future 😂

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
supertown
January 29, 2022, 1:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Phil the cod

Really? No way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Phil the cod
January 29, 2022, 9:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from supertown

Really? No way

Yes really, they are in the EFL, we are in non league football.
I'd like to think we'd give it a proper go with half the season still to play. Not a saying I'd swap clubs just league positions.
Were in far better shape than them off the field, but the reality is they are until mathematically impossible in the division above us.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny sell Captain

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.