Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 101 Guests

Hurst out   yes out

This thread currently has 30,532 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerWY
December 5, 2021, 8:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Im a bit unsure of what people want from our owners. I thought the argument was that they should be spending money solely on players, and that spending on a new training ground etc. doesn't get you 3 points. But then we are banging on about the state of the toilets.

So, let me get this straight:
Non footy related expenses:
Training ground = bad
Renovating toilets = good
....?

Or people want JS and AP to put in millions into everything: splash out on players, sort out cheapside, renovate BP (especially toilets) oh and if land becomes identified for a new ground they'd better have a few spare millions to fund that too.

I think people overestimate their wealth tbh. Or, perhaps folk aren't happy unless a rich Saudi buyer comes in with bloody money and pours money into everything. Either way, its pie-in-the-sky. JS and AP have clearly stated that its personal cash they're putting into GTFC and they'll lose money: it's not in benign loans, there is no expectation of making it back. Which is pretty astounding, and tbh if some of the most vocally critical folk on here were as wealthy, I'm not sure they'd suddenly do as they are calling for and pile even more money into the club.
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MarinerWY
Im a bit unsure of what people want from our owners. I thought the argument was that they should be spending money solely on players, and that spending on a new training ground etc. doesn't get you 3 points. But then we are banging on about the state of the toilets.

So, let me get this straight:
Non footy related expenses:
Training ground = bad
Renovating toilets = good
....?

Or people want JS and AP to put in millions into everything: splash out on players, sort out cheapside, renovate BP (especially toilets) oh and if land becomes identified for a new ground they'd better have a few spare millions to fund that too.

I think people overestimate their wealth tbh. Or, perhaps folk aren't happy unless a rich Saudi buyer comes in with bloody money and pours money into everything. Either way, its pie-in-the-sky. JS and AP have clearly stated that its personal cash they're putting into GTFC and they'll lose money: it's not in benign loans, there is no expectation of making it back. Which is pretty astounding, and tbh if some of the most vocally critical folk on here were as wealthy, I'm not sure they'd suddenly do as they are calling for and pile even more money into the club.

Whilst watching the club fall apart, minimal, of any investment, journey men player after journey men player, dropping out the league, dropping through the leagues, not offering players/managers doling well decent contracts, thousands upon thousands chasing a pipe dream, lies and deceit from the owners, marginalisation of our fans from our own club, driving bans and many more…fans still did little…so you think town fans know what they want?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 314
DB
December 5, 2021, 9:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.36
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from heppy88

Fair enough Chris. Like I’ve said in a previous post the patience is wearing thin. For years we were told we would have a new stadium / facilities! Now in my fifties I have lost faith we will ever see a fit for purpose ground in my lifetime.

It's no good blaming 1878 who have only owned the club for 6 months. Most people want a new ground and better facilities that it brings but the problems the club have has been built up by 17 of the previous regimes total lack of investment in BP.

1878 have said a new ground is not going to happen soon so we have to live with it. As others point out it is hard to improve facilities at a very old stadium and JS & AP are backing Town with their own money. They may be richer than most of us but they don't have bottomless pockets ( unlike the oil brigade ) and won't put the club into debt.

Nobody knows the future cost of maintaining the safety of the stadium which given its age could be costly. 1878 have said they want to build more than a team, they want a fully fledged football club for the town to be proud of and that will take more than 6 months.

We need patience but if you need to vent your frustration on false promises of a new ground please do it to the person who made them, I'm sure you know who.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 314
Lincspoacher
December 5, 2021, 10:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +302
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from denni266
Had enough of this little never was man.  5 changes  a back line that is crap.   He has had a year and done nothing apart from a few odd games  then free fall  dont even come back to clear your desk

Been away this weekend and so just seen this post.

Muppet.

Hurst has had to rebuild a complete squad from scratch. If u think that the current position of the team is anything other than optimistically expected under any manager, then you know nothing about football.

I never expected anything other than a play off place at best given where we were. Yes it’s frustrating and yes there is lots to do. But cmon, stupid post of the year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 314
aldi_01
December 5, 2021, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Muppet.

Hurst has had to rebuild a complete squad from scratch. If u think that the current position of the team is anything other than optimistically expected under any manager, then you know nothing about football.

I never expected anything other than a play off place at best given where we were. Yes it’s frustrating and yes there is lots to do. But cmon, stupid post of the year

After being flipping abject for two years, mid table would be an improvement.

It’s like they’ve been waiting for it, like they’ve been nursing semi ons since mid October and mows their chance…weird if you ask me.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 314
denni266
December 5, 2021, 11:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Lincspoacher

Muppet.

Just like your reply   let out for the weekend have you ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 314
arryarryarry
December 6, 2021, 12:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from aldi_01

After being flipping abject for two years, mid table would be an improvement.

It’s like they’ve been waiting for it, like they’ve been nursing semi ons since mid October and mows their chance…weird if you ask me.

Mid table in the National League an improvement, are you on drugs?
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 314
Mayaman
December 6, 2021, 12:41am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,448
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from heppy88

Our club is STILL in terminal decline!

If you think like that , you might as well chuck it in.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 314
realist
December 6, 2021, 4:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Surely it is not unreasonable to expect half decent toilet facilities for the fans? An open trough behind a screen would suffice to speed up the queues. Minimal investment, happier fans. Would sooner have this than the fan zone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 314
ska face
December 6, 2021, 4:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,824
Gold Stars: 854
Yeah a really moneyspinner and sure to be packing them in, new bogs
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst out   yes out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.