7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
November 3, 2021, 5:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196

We're hardly frothing at the mouth. We both just said he hadn't impressed in the short time when we saw him, say in coomparison to Essell who I only saw for about 10 mins in total preseason who did impress me, you know offering a different view in a conversation on a chat board. After all if we all had the same view there'd be nothing to chat about and no need for the fishy. Just another over reaction by the happy clappers to the tiniest thing that isn't completely, totally, wholly and thoroughly positive.

It's got fuck all to do with how positive/negative I am or you are as a fan. You're writing off a player based off matches that are purely meant for getting the squad back up to fitness. Not even the later ones that give more of an indication of preferred lineups and tactics but the very first ones when they've come back from a rest period having not kicked a ball for a few months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
ginnywings
November 3, 2021, 5:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Everyone wrote off Waterfall before the season started.

As someone pointed out, Grant isn't a striker. He's more of a No10, just like McAtee in fact, so hopefully he can fill that role while he's out injured.

Hurst said in one of his interviews that you could see the quality Grant has with his touch and technique in training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
mariner91
November 3, 2021, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,725
Gold Stars: 262

Makes Taylors record look even worse then doesn't it  

Perhaps yet we know that Taylor is a fantastic player for us and has been instrumental to our good start to the season. So if Grant outscored him when not even playing as an out and out striker, why would that not make for "pretty reading"?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
moosey_club
November 3, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Son of Cod

It's got fuck all to do with how positive/negative I am or you are as a fan. You're writing off a player based off matches that are purely meant for getting the squad back up to fitness. Not even the later ones that give more of an indication of preferred lineups and tactics but the very first ones when they've come back from a rest period having not kicked a ball for a few months.

I am not writing anyone off based on a brief pre season showing.....I am however concerned that its November and we havnt even seen him in the matchday squad yet despite us now looking very short in his dept.
None of us know what he will be capable of as none of us have seen him yet....so I dont get where people think he will suddenly be starting , scoring and the answer to our front line woes.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 67
wiggers
November 3, 2021, 6:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +469
Gold Stars: 11
If Hurst signed him now instead of at the start of the season I reckon everyone would be excited about it. Cos he’s been out injured people have a downer on him. I think like 95% of PH signings we’ll be saying what a great addition to the squad he is. When we signed him in the summer he was the one I was most excited about. Genuinely think once fit, if he stays fit he’ll be brill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
Chrisblor
November 3, 2021, 7:15pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from moosey_club

I am not writing anyone off based on a brief pre season showing.....I am however concerned that its November and we havnt even seen him in the matchday squad yet despite us now looking very short in his dept.

Here's Nathan Arnold's start to his career as a Grimsby Town player:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nIYMqjj.png[/img]

Suggests it might be worth letting players recover from injuries before posting about how concerned you are...

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
Hagrid
November 3, 2021, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Think son of has been hanging round with arryarry and Swin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
chipsandgravy
November 3, 2021, 7:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38

Yes they are completely rational, he didn't impress either of us during his brief appearances during preseason. Not everything has to be happy clapper friendly (Maybe Rob should create a Happy Clapper safe space hmmmm) we can say say negative things about players/club/staff where its applicable. I even said at the end of my comment "I hope this was just because it was preseason"

I would happily sign up to a "happy clapper" page if it meant I didn't have to read your drivel. I welcome opposing views that are based on reasoned arguments. Yours are not and I strongly suggest that you start reading through yours before you post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
newarkmariner
November 3, 2021, 8:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Really looking forward to Grant getting fit and showing us what hes got,hes been a class act for his other teams,writing him off after 30mins in early pre season games is laughable, i believe he could be the extra ingredient we need to push on big time,UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
moosey_club
November 3, 2021, 11:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Chrisblor

Here's Nathan Arnold's start to his career as a Grimsby Town player:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nIYMqjj.png[/img]

Suggests it might be worth letting players recover from injuries before posting about how concerned you are...

One for the time capsule this, let's revisit at the end of the season and hopefully you are proved right.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joel Grant

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.