11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
October 23, 2021, 9:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Scanners have nothing to do with attendance figures this season as the club are still using the turnstile counters  on each gate and ticket stubs on all other entrances.
the scanning of tickets this season is more about keeping a record of who attends each game and checking the tickets are valid for that game,
I do believe the club are aware that there are a few minor scanning issues that need to be ironed out  and also some extra training  to matchday staff that may be required going forward.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
Bigdog
October 23, 2021, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

Why though?

Why does it matter?

As long as we are not committing fraud it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s just d1ck waving.

True.. but waving 7 is much more impressive than waving 6..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 23, 2021, 9:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Bigdog

True.. but waving 7 is so much more impressive than waving 6..

You’ve got the measure of me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
Limerick Mariner
October 23, 2021, 9:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,726
Gold Stars: 137

Why though?

Why does it matter?

As long as we are not committing fraud it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It’s just d1ck waving.

Actually, I think it does matter. Due to the fantastic achievement in such a short time by 1878 and the team, people will have clicked on the stadium map for this game for the Upper or Lower Youngs or Pontoon and found both stands completely sold out, for today they could then swtich to the Osmond. Next week they can't. Someone said there was a whole row of empty seats in the Pontoon, that is a really weird coincidence - that all those people, with tickets next to each other, couldn't make it today. The numbers don't add up compared to the stated capacities by some margin and I think the club should say something about it. If it's the case that the club are marking some seats as sold to reduce overcrowding and also issuing complimentary tickets which may or may not be used I think they should just say so. Not d!ck-waving; if we start turning people away next week and the attendance is announced at circa 7,000 for a nominal 9k capacity stadium people who couldn't get a ticket will say hang on a minute I couldn't get a ticket yet the stadium was only 80% full...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
Rob_in_Grimsby
October 23, 2021, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Actually, I think it does matter. Due to the fantastic achievement in such a short time by 1878 and the team, people will have clicked on the stadium map for this game for the Upper or Lower Youngs or Pontoon and found both stands completely sold out, for today they could then swtich to the Osmond. Next week they can't. Someone said there was a whole row of empty seats in the Pontoon, that is a really weird coincidence - that all those people, with tickets next to each other, couldn't make it today. The numbers don't add up compared to the stated capacities by some margin and I think the club should say something about it. If it's the case that the club are marking some seats as sold to reduce overcrowding and also issuing complimentary tickets which may or may not be used I think they should just say so. Not male private-waving; if we start turning people away next week and the attendance is announced at circa 7,000 for a nominal 9k capacity stadium people who couldn't get a ticket will say hang on a minute I couldn't get a ticket yet the stadium was only 80% full...

Not all tickets are sold, some are given to schools, sponsors or business but will all be shown as allocated on the ticket web site so not to be double used.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
grimps
October 23, 2021, 9:36pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Not all tickets are sold, some are given to schools, sponsors or business but will all be shown as allocated on the ticket web site so not to be double used.

Well if the club are giving several hundred tickets away and the recipients aren’t using them it needs to be stopped .
I can’t believe we give that many away and if people are likely to be struggling to get tickets they’d like to pay for in the future this will become a big problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
Plankton
October 23, 2021, 9:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38

Actually, I think it does matter. Due to the fantastic achievement in such a short time by 1878 and the team, people will have clicked on the stadium map for this game for the Upper or Lower Youngs or Pontoon and found both stands completely sold out, for today they could then swtich to the Osmond. Next week they can't. Someone said there was a whole row of empty seats in the Pontoon, that is a really weird coincidence - that all those people, with tickets next to each other, couldn't make it today. The numbers don't add up compared to the stated capacities by some margin and I think the club should say something about it. If it's the case that the club are marking some seats as sold to reduce overcrowding and also issuing complimentary tickets which may or may not be used I think they should just say so. Not d!ck-waving; if we start turning people away next week and the attendance is announced at circa 7,000 for a nominal 9k capacity stadium people who couldn't get a ticket will say hang on a minute I couldn't get a ticket yet the stadium was only 80% full...

Now that I think about it, you have a point. When I bought my ticket for the Yeovil match last Saturday, there were slim pickings for a decent seat and I went all over the ground on the web system, which from memory looked about 1000 left to select from. I do find it odd that the ticket sales, announced availability and the final attendance seem to differ so much. I bought my ticket for today as it was the only edge of the row available in the whole ground, yet today, the seat next to me was empty and I asked the lads near me if it was one of theirs and they said no.

If I compare it to the tickets that were available to me for the Notts County game, looking at what was available on that same Saturday, I'd say the crowd was already at 6000 against Notts County, but after today's attendance that seems ridiculous.

It looks like we're pre-'allocating' tickets somewhere and blocking out people buying up seats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
golfer
October 23, 2021, 9:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
GTFC  -  What's going on ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 106
HerveJosse
October 23, 2021, 10:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,217
Gold Stars: 144
Block of about 20 seats over two rows all empty in prime upper youngs rows k and l around seat number 35ish near me today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
Humbercod
October 23, 2021, 10:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82

Section B Row L empty
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Today’s attendance

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.