October 11, 2021, 7:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yeah cos nothing shouts out Christianity like professional violence šŸ˜†
Jesus I feel tapped into something deeper when he was around. Hence believing in a divine source. Likewise boxing has existed far longer than football and is seen in nature and survival of the fittest. Take boxing kangaroos who fight for dominance. Likewise since the start of our early evolution humans have always been boxing to some degree or another. I feel it's to do with hierarchy. This goes on in a lot of fields but without the violence now eg who's the most intelligent, quickest etc .

As for Tyson Fury and Oleksandr Usyk who are both devout Christians alongside other recent top fighters eg Manny Pacquiao and Andre Ward it's this faith which helps them become the best boxers they can be both from a mental and physical perspective šŸ¤«.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
KingstonMariner
October 11, 2021, 8:48am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just teasing you Rick. šŸ˜

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Rick12
October 11, 2021, 9:10am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Just teasing you Rick. šŸ˜
Ok Kingston .

God bless Rick

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Nelly GTFC
October 11, 2021, 2:15pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,755
Gold Stars: 31
I can't remember which round it was, but Wilder seemed pretty exhausted by the 5th round? Was it because of the extra muscle, weight? I saw somewhere it mentioned the Oxygen woudn't be able to get round the body quick enough. The other thing is, doesn't Fury go long-distance running quite a lot, I wonder if Wilder does much in comparison? Fury didn't even look that tired even in the 11th round, great stamina.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Rick12
October 12, 2021, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I just don't think Joshua is smart enough to beat Usyk, and I'd even fancy him to get stopped in the rematch. He makes too many silly mistakes, and hasn't got the kind of chin that Fury so innately has that allows him to take risks.
I think Joshua is a good boxer but looks slightly mechanical to me. I can see the rematch against Usyk being tough for Joshua. Usyk strikes me as being  far more professional than Andy Ruiz Jr and won't I feel go on a slack like Ruiz did post the Joshua win. Likewise Usyk surprised me. I thought he would give Joshua a hard fight but Joshua's power would eventually prevail. Kudos to him for fighting so well and beating him.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Rick12
October 12, 2021, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Fury is the real deal best heavyweight fighter of his generation, would on loved to of seen him humiliate AJ. I donā€™t think there is a credible challenger out there for him now that someone he should take serious so would be happy to see him retire, rather than go into a fight half hearted.
I still want to see him fight Joshua though. Money has to be on Fury though.

I would have loved to have seen how a prime Tyson  Fury would have got on against a prime Muhammad Ali . Great fight that would of been. I think Muhammad Ali edges it though?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Rick12
October 12, 2021, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I can't remember which round it was, but Wilder seemed pretty exhausted by the 5th round? Was it because of the extra muscle, weight? I saw somewhere it mentioned the Oxygen woudn't be able to get round the body quick enough. The other thing is, doesn't Fury go long-distance running quite a lot, I wonder if Wilder does much in comparison? Fury didn't even look that tired even in the 11th round, great stamina.
Yes Deontay Wilder put on the extra weight as he hoped this  would help him not be man handled by Fury like he was in the 2nd fight. To his credit albeit later Wilder said his best wasn't good enough. Having said that I admire Wilders attitude immensely. Stated he would rather go out on his shield: death is better than defeat.  

We saw that attitude in the third fight. Wilder gave his all until he could barely stand and was knocked out in the 11th. As someone else who is a lover of the fight game told me post third fight he thought Wilder has more heart than Joshua. I tend to agree.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
cmackenzie4
October 13, 2021, 11:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Usyk had 350 Amateur bouts and won 335 of them (I think) puts my record of 14 bouts winning 10 to shame šŸ¤”   heā€™s no mug, he outboxed Anthony Joshua, to be honest I really thought Anthony would out muscle him and tie him up and get the win that way but Usyk proved too slick.

I do believe though if Usyk took Tyson Fury on he would get beat due to Tyson Furyā€™s weight advantage, Tyson can actually box a bit and moves quite well for his size,  I just think heā€™d maul Usyk (heā€™d have to) thereā€™s not many heavyweights out there smarter than Usyk, when you watch him look at his footwork and ring craft, heā€™s a fantastic fighter.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Rick12
October 15, 2021, 7:03am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Usyk had 350 Amateur bouts and won 335 of them (I think) puts my record of 14 bouts winning 10 to shame šŸ¤”   heā€™s no mug, he outboxed Anthony Joshua, to be honest I really thought Anthony would out muscle him and tie him up and get the win that way but Usyk proved too slick.

I do believe though if Usyk took Tyson Fury on he would get beat due to Tyson Furyā€™s weight advantage, Tyson can actually box a bit and moves quite well for his size,  I just think heā€™d maul Usyk (heā€™d have to) thereā€™s not many heavyweights out there smarter than Usyk, when you watch him look at his footwork and ring craft, heā€™s a fantastic fighter.
Interesting what Tyson Furys dad said about who his son should fight next as well. Only Usyk in his view would get Fury proper pumped up for a fight now. Joshua I feel has lost some of his allure though. Against Ruiz Jr that could be forgiven as a one off but loosing to Uysk shows that size don't always beat skill and Joshua has probably been found out as a good heavyweight but not a elite one like Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis.

What I would say is Furys character deserves a lot of credit like Wilders. I don't know if you saw  the first Fury v Wilder fight but the way Fury got up from that 12 th round knockdown was extraordinary. I remember boxing journalists at ringside who had been covering the fight said the same and also the legendary boxing promoter Bob Arum:

"He [Fury] gets up like it doesnā€™t affect him at all. Thatā€™s amazing. Iā€™ve never seen that before,ā€.

Best bit of sporting action I've seen to date as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fury vs Wilder 3

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.