Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Still believe the lier?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 35 Guests

Still believe the lier?

This thread currently has 1,955 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 2:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It's refreshing that the only self-acknowledged Conservative voters (so far) have the honesty to admit the man's a buffoon.

Starmer's clearly not up to it as he's not landed any real punches, and the Labour left don't help by constantly attacking the leader. When will they learn?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
DB
October 4, 2021, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Boris became PM for one reason, and one reason only. The question was do you want us to stay in the EU or leave. Labour said stay Boris said leave. So he won.

We now have an inept PM whose cabinet has more holes than a colander who has no idea how to govern. What is worse, if it can be worse, is an opposition that is hell bent on sorting itself out because it cannot, or does not know, how to congeal a formidable opposition party.

Decades ago with the poor government we have, any opposition would have had a field day. As I posted before we have career politicians whose only priority is themselves. We now live in the whim of politicians, both red and blue. We don't have a rosy future as a nation, not even a future but an existence.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
You’re talking like there was no choice DB. As difficult as it was, there was a choice, and enough of the British people chose Brexit at any price. We get the politicians we deserve.

Labour under Corbyn was actually ambivalent about Brexit. They didn’t stand on a Remain ticket in 2019. They would have done a different deal and followed a different timetable, but they’d have done Brexit.

There was loads of guff about him being a dangerous red, but that was just media nonsense to scare people. In European terms he was left of centre, promising reforms no more radical than the social democracies of Northern Europe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Maringer
October 4, 2021, 11:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
The biggest issue is that it's not just a case that Johnson is utterly unfit for the job he has carelessly lied his way into, it's that he knows he isn't any use so has done his utmost to surround himself with ministers who are so inept they make him look a bit less bad.

Some of the mind-numbingly dim nonsense we have to put up with from these people is bad enough, but then you realise they are the ones pushing terrible policies written for them by the shady right-wing thinktanks (funded by, well, who knows who funds them?) which which will have terrible outcomes. Generally for the poorest in society most of all. The only question is whether their ineptitude will make things even worse than they would otherwise be or not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
aldi_01
October 5, 2021, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Irony is that some of those protest you mention swallowed the nonsense. They bought in to the bullshit.

Christ, I know nurses, teachers even coppers who voted for this flipping excrement show. One nurse thinks the government did all they can through the pandemic…that in itself worries me…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
DB
October 5, 2021, 6:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner
You’re talking like there was no choice DB. As difficult as it was, there was a choice, and enough of the British people chose Brexit at any price. We get the politicians we deserve.

Labour under Corbyn was actually ambivalent about Brexit. They didn’t stand on a Remain ticket in 2019. They would have done a different deal and followed a different timetable, but they’d have done Brexit.

There was loads of guff about him being a dangerous red, but that was just media nonsense to scare people. In European terms he was left of centre, promising reforms no more radical than the social democracies of Northern Europe.

We always have a choice at any election. Years ago politicians spelt out their intentions and there was a vast difference between the parties. Today the difference is that thin it's hard to see at times. Boris won because he promised Brexit within a year, something the nation had voted for. Cameron resigned and threw his dummy out, May failed to do what the people wanted and the Buffoon won.

That said if we had known covid was around the corner, a national shortage of lorry drivers was imminent and another government that has more leaks than a colander Boris would never be in power today. I often think that in times of a national emergency that we should have a coalition government until the waters calm. Alas, I cannot think of a strong person to lead, nor anybody to fill the cabinet.

As I posted all we have are career politicians whose only interest is themselves.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
KingstonMariner
October 5, 2021, 11:29am
Meths Drinker
But the remain camp said all along that we would not be able to weather any shocks to the system as well outside the EU. So even if no one knew we were going to face Covid, there was bound to be a crisis at some point.

I’d argue that not all politicians are careerists. Corbyn, whether you agree with his policies or not, is a man of principle.

I’d also argue that the people didn’t vote for the kind of Brexit we got. Just over half of those who voted chose Brexit. Some of those believed we were going to be in the Single Market. In fact they were told we would have the same access. And as I said earlier, it didn’t have to be done this way. The whole thing could have been delayed until the Covid crisis was over.

Even ‘career politicians’ could see that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
FishOutOfWater
October 5, 2021, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Never did
Never will

Bozo is a shyster
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 29
MuddyWaters
October 5, 2021, 8:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
I voted Tory all my life till Johnson became leader.
He lied to his bosses, he lied to his wives, he lied to his mistresses. He’s lied to all of us. Our country is a shambles.
It’s lamentable that Labour isn’t miles ahead in the polls. Starmer is weak and, as a lawyer, he’s too forensic. Someone with passion would be ripping Bozzer a new one by now.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
ginnywings
October 5, 2021, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I voted Tory all my life till Johnson became leader.
He lied to his bosses, he lied to his wives, he lied to his mistresses. He’s lied to all of us. Our country is a shambles.
It’s lamentable that Labour isn’t miles ahead in the polls. Starmer is weak and, as a lawyer, he’s too forensic. Someone with passion would be ripping Bozzer a new one by now.

Yep!

Labour scored a massive own goal electing that personality vacuum as leader.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Still believe the lier?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.