sonofmadeleymariner
June 8, 2022, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from supertown
What happens if they fold, who gets their place ?

No one, they'll just have 1 less relegation spot i do believe

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 159
jamesgtfc
June 8, 2022, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from supertown
What happens if they fold, who gets their place ?

Probably nobody but it definitely won't save Scunny from relegation. Oldham might have faint hopes but the pyramid will run with one less relegation for a season again to allow normality to be restored I imagine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 159
GollyGTFC
June 8, 2022, 7:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358

No one, they'll just have 1 less relegation spot i do believe

I think Gillingham would be reprieved in L1 & Oldham in L2. I think given they have no money if somebody doesn't come forward by Friday they are in huge trouble. But that's how Mike Ashley likes it. He'll pick them up for a rock bottom price.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 152 - 159
jamesgtfc
June 8, 2022, 7:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think Gillingham would be reprieved in L1 & Oldham in L2. I think given they have no money if somebody doesn't come forward by Friday they are in huge trouble. But that's how Mike Ashley likes it. He'll pick them up for a rock bottom price.

Surely it's harsh to make it one less relegation as those teams are already weeks down the line in their preparation for next season so Gillingham are building for a season in League 2 where they aim to win more than they lose and get a reprieve so end up playing their League 2 team in League 1 meaning they are whipping boys and finish rock bottom?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 159
ginnywings
June 8, 2022, 7:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Surely it's harsh to make it one less relegation as those teams are already weeks down the line in their preparation for next season so Gillingham are building for a season in League 2 where they aim to win more than they lose and get a reprieve so end up playing their League 2 team in League 1 meaning they are whipping boys and finish rock bottom?

I doubt that would worry them if they got to stay in League 1 and have a do-over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 159
GollyGTFC
June 8, 2022, 7:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

I doubt that would worry them if they got to stay in League 1 and have a do-over.

Yeah, I can't imagine Gillingham would turn down the chance to stay in League 1 with the extra £550,000 in TV Money & Solidarity payments that come with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 155 - 159
RonMariner
June 9, 2022, 3:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Bit premature this. The deal has not collapsed and even if it does Mike Astley will nip in and buy them. His business is based in Derbyshire and he has already expressed interest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 159
GollyGTFC
June 10, 2022, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner
Bit premature this. The deal has not collapsed and even if it does Mike Astley will nip in and buy them. His business is based in Derbyshire and he has already expressed interest.

Who's that? Rick's dad?

The deal has collapsed. The guy didn't have the money as many predicted. PNE broke off negotiations with him when he couldn't provide proof of funds. It's hardly surprising the same has ultimately happened with Derby too.

Mike Ashley is interested. That is common knowledge. But the numbers will have to add up for him to be interested. He doesn't buy distressed businesses out of the kindness of his heart. He buys them because they offer him and his portfolio of business interests something. If he does takeover you can be guaranteed that Derby will be starting the season with another points deduction. No way is he paying 25% of their debt off,
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 157 - 159
jamesgtfc
June 10, 2022, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Who's that? Rick's dad?

The deal has collapsed. The guy didn't have the money as many predicted. PNE broke off negotiations with him when he couldn't provide proof of funds. It's hardly surprising the same has ultimately happened with Derby too.

Mike Ashley is interested. That is common knowledge. But the numbers will have to add up for him to be interested. He doesn't buy distressed businesses out of the kindness of his heart. He buys them because they offer him and his portfolio of business interests something. If he does takeover you can be guaranteed that Derby will be starting the season with another points deduction. No way is he paying 25% of their debt off,

Mike Ashley will be aiming to pick up Derby at the 11th hour to save them from the brink of extinction. At that point, everybody is willing to accept virtually any offer and Mike Ashley bags himself what he considers to be a bargain.

If Mike Ashley ends up buying Derby, the deal goes to the wire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 159
GollyGTFC
June 10, 2022, 11:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Mike Ashley will be aiming to pick up Derby at the 11th hour to save them from the brink of extinction. At that point, everybody is willing to accept virtually any offer and Mike Ashley bags himself what he considers to be a bargain.

If Mike Ashley ends up buying Derby, the deal goes to the wire.

Exactly. He'll pick them up at 11th hour for the lowest price at the expense of the creditors. He'll stabilise the club over a few seasons with the aim of getting them back into the Championship where he can sell them on for a tidy profit.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 159 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby County going in to admin

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.