Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Down the Swanny!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Down the Swanny!

This thread currently has 6,821 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
September 17, 2021, 7:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RobDef1

need fans for that

True. That's that plan out of the window then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
toontown
September 17, 2021, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from RonMariner

Exactly. How long before Ryan gets bored and leaves them in a dead pool.

Yeah but is he saddling Wrexham with debt the way swann did with scunny or is he just paying for it out of his own pocket? If its the latter, which I think it is (but not sure), it won't leave Wrexham any worse off when he leaves and quite likely they will be better off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Limerick Mariner
September 17, 2021, 7:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
I’m not into wishing any club to go under - save MK Dons, I like beating Scunthorpe and for them to be below us in the League. Not much point in gloating about their 2000 crowds either, they are a smaller club than us and Lincoln and always have been. Lincoln should be the ones in our gunsights longer term. And it hasn’t taken an FA cup run to the QFs to fill BP - a mere 2 homes with non-toxic owners.

Be nice to remind them about that stupid and embarrassing banner they produced last time we played at some point as well…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
sydney
September 17, 2021, 7:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
What was that Banner?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
Limerick Mariner
September 17, 2021, 8:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,727
Gold Stars: 137
Some along the lines of “Be Forever In Our Shadow” someone might recall the exact wording. To be fair some Lincoln fans were embarrassed about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
jamesgtfc
September 17, 2021, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The shame is they’ll be forgotten in 5 mins if they disappear and a big Tesco’s built on top of their ground

Would Asda then move in to the Tesco across the road? 😉

I get your point though, the land that the ground sits on is probably worth an absolute fortune once the tennant occupying it 23 times a year is gone. The way I see it panning out is the fans drive him out, the rent increases significantly so that they default kicks them out and makes all his money back (plus some more on top) by building a big industrial warehouse or something.

Quoted from toontown

Yeah but is he saddling Wrexham with debt the way swann did with scunny or is he just paying for it out of his own pocket? If its the latter, which I think it is (but not sure), it won't leave Wrexham any worse off when he leaves and quite likely they will be better off.

If he's paying for it out of his own pocket, what happens if he decides this soccer thing isn't for him in January? Mullin still has 2.5 years left on his £9k a week (depending what you read) deal. Will he leave with a £1.5m advance for his wages? I doubt it. It's an absolute car crash waiting to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2021, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from The Yard Dog

They are left with the poorest squad they have had for many years - brought here largely by Swann and his son Will who have taken charge of recruitment.

And they are answerable to no-one. For the Swann family have effectively no opposition in the boardroom, no-one to question their actions.

Swann has taken away the name of Glanford Park - and now, after rattling up £11-million worth of debts he knew the club could not afford, he has effectively taken all the assets and has arguably put SUFC's future in greater jeopardy than it has ever been before.

He has wiped out the £11-million debt he has incurred - but as compensation he has acquired all the assets, the stadium and the surrounding area.

Swann family make up most of the board and still spunk away millions a year on horses too. I believe Mrs Swann nee Wilkinson prefers horses to football and last weekend I believe Peter and Will Swann were playing golf in Scotland rather than watching the football.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
September 17, 2021, 9:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from Humbercod
Feel sorry for them😂

My concern is more about ceasing to exist. I think it’s that bad. Imagine never being able to beat them again? Dunno about you but during lockdown, as dreadful as the football was, the iFollow stream was the only thing that marked the passing of the days and it was entirely the focus of the week. God knows what it would have been like without it. Really made me realise how important it is and how important belonging to something bigger is.

Wouldn’t take that away from anyone. Even Scunny fans. UTFM.
Reply: 37 - 54
moosey_club
September 17, 2021, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Quoted from RonMariner

This is what happens when rich boy's get tired of their vanity projects.

They may have to do what Darlington, Wimbledon and others have.  Start a Pheonix club from the ashes and start again with a fan owned club.

A fan owned club eh ? If they all chip in then that should pay the water rates.
F k em, a long and slow death may they endure.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
moosey_club
September 17, 2021, 11:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295

and last weekend I believe Peter and Will Swann were playing golf in Scotland rather than watching the football. [/quote]

Well cant blame them the football on offer is sh1t.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Down the Swanny!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.