Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › please don't go overboard...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 251 Guests

please don't go overboard...

This thread currently has 3,909 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 14, 2021, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
...whatever happens tonight.
If we lose we are not suddenly a bad team, Hurst isn't a shiite manager and a defeat in September doesn't mean that we can't go up and are doomed to years in the non league swamp
If we should win, then we are not suddenly the best side in non league. We can't get promotion in mid September and we still be a work in progress

Wrexham are pretty strong favourites with the bookies, for good reasons. Let's be realistic, we struggled to beat part time Weymouth, all our stars were aligned and we had the football gods with us to beat Barnet. We drew with Stockport ,who've been Dikked at home by the might of Dagenham and Yeovil, whilst on Saturday for much of the second half we were under the cosh and it took some great goalkeeping/defending to keep us in it

all i'm saying let's retain a bit of perspective (and lets hope the haters don't have the opportunity to suddenly make a return with their negativity and bile)

Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
September 14, 2021, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,726
Gold Stars: 262
Well said Forza. Stick by them, there's plenty of promise and character in this squad but we're absolutely still a work in progress.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
It Bites
September 14, 2021, 5:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
Absolutely right . Our great club is firmly part of the community again .

We win together
We lose together
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Wxmwelsh85
September 14, 2021, 5:38pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +58
Wrexham fan here - we aint a championship winning side far from it to be honest- its going to take us time to get things right. Yes the players we have brought in are better and stand out but its not been fantastic football.

Hopefully we can hang on till January and address our problems id take a point tonight and be very happy.

1-1 Prediction with 430 away fans!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
dicko995
September 14, 2021, 6:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -252
Gold Stars: 25
lose Forza, lose??, we are Grimsby !!!  I dont think we have to worry about anybody this season, they should worry about us. We are playing the best football for many years, i admit a few narrow escapes in defending, but we are a more attacking side now, we have goals in us, and the best thing is... the lads are up for it. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
buckstown
September 14, 2021, 6:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,200
Gold Stars: 79
You're right about staying level headed but by 22:00 tonight we'll have a much clearer view of what this team can achieve and the usual suspects will be out in force either way.
To be fair if we do well tonight it'll be tough not to start getting very positive!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
ginnywings
September 14, 2021, 6:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Was thinking about this today. Too early in the season to get too carried away or downbeat.

Early days yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2021, 7:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well said. Remember the poem If.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
chipsandgravy
September 14, 2021, 7:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Yep well said although it won't stop some. We have made a better start then I thought all things considered - and I quite like the look of this team so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
DB
September 14, 2021, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings
Was thinking about this today. Too early in the season to get too carried away or downbeat.

Early days yet.

Yep, we'll lose a few but I'm optimistic. Come next season at this time we'll be in league 2.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › please don't go overboard...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.