golfer
September 8, 2021, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m not sure if you were at Stockport and if you weren’t I’m sorry to disappoint but Revan is most definitely not quick

He was running forward from our penalty area when i went for a psss and when I came back he hadn't reached the half way line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
lukeo
September 8, 2021, 5:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,396
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
He can give us Bristol lot a lift on Saturday

Can I get a refund on train tickets? Can pick me up on route 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Bristol Mariner
September 8, 2021, 6:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from lukeo

Can I get a refund on train tickets? Can pick me up on route 😂

Car now full… there’s a few of us on the chuff chuff now

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
pen penfras
September 8, 2021, 7:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Out of interest, did the club catch you out by only telling certain people that our Number N N N N NINE was on the verge of signing?

Also, if the role of Chief Operating Officer was advertised, would you have applied for it?

That doesn't prove he didn't have knowledge. There's been many occasions where a player has agreed everything and changes his mind at the last minute. Vose was on his way to sign when Scunny called and he stopped off there to sign instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Poojah
September 8, 2021, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from pen penfras

That doesn't prove he didn't have knowledge. There's been many occasions where a player has agreed everything and changes his mind at the last minute. Vose was on his way to sign when Scunny called and he stopped off there to sign instead.

Except on this occasion Town did make a signing (after the club’s Twitter account hinted that they would be, as they do). It just so happened to be number seven, William Bapaga.

He guessed, and he got it wrong. And with that the ruse was over.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
jamesgtfc
September 8, 2021, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

One way to identify an informant leaking knowledge to people is to tell those you suspect certain things and see what gets out.

Whoever has been informing TVFTL on Twitter has certainly lost their Midas touch recently too.

A certain person who has recently left the club would need to know about a player signing imminently so that they could set the camera up in front of a lawnmower and research some original interview questions like "how did the move come about?"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Mighty_Mariner
September 8, 2021, 8:37pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from jamesgtfc

One way to identify an informant leaking knowledge to people is to tell those you suspect certain things and see what gets out.

Whoever has been informing TVFTL on Twitter has certainly lost their Midas touch recently too.

A certain person who has recently left the club would need to know about a player signing imminently so that they could set the camera up in front of a lawnmower and research some original interview questions like "how did the move come about?"

Is Dale not at the club anymore?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
Croxton
September 8, 2021, 8:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m not sure if you were at Stockport and if you weren’t I’m sorry to disappoint but Revan is most definitely not quick

I was there. He got closed down sharpish by Stockport's defence and had to track back a lot. Stockport's winger was very nippy and Revan was perhaps slow to turn. At Alfreton he was marking their pacy winger and did well. He was also part of the quick break down the left when McAtee slotted home.  At Boston, he was pretty speedy breaking from the halfway line.

Who said ' the first five yards are in the head'?  He did seem a bit off compared to previous games but no more than Coke for example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
sydney
September 8, 2021, 10:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Spoke to 2 proper BC season ticket holders and they
Say he a very good footballer but needs “manning up” their saying not me
With his squad might be a good fit
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Poojah
September 8, 2021, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from sydney
Spoke to 2 proper BC season ticket holders and they
Say he a very good footballer but needs “manning up” their saying not me
With his squad might be a good fit
Come on Town!!

Similar feedback to what we had about Alex Hunt. He's doing alright so far.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signing incoming

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.