10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 5, 2021, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Macca, like any player has short comings, when you’re a keeper they seem more prevalent.

We played to Macca’s strengths last time we were down here and I suspect we’ll do the same this year. I keep hearing we won’t do anything with Macca yet we lost on a penalty shootout in a ply off final which arguably should’ve seen the oppo goalie sent off, this making it a different game and then we were promoted. All with Macca. I know we lost pointless Trophy finals but nobody is really that arsed about them now.

Macca is decent for the level we’re at, saying he was poor last year is unfair when quite frankly, up until about February most of us would’ve seen every single player flipping sacked along with the flipping idiot that was in charge when the season started.

I don’t think Macca was at fault for any of the goals yesterday and to be fair, golden boy Mcatee gave the ball away for one and poor Crookes got rinsed all first half.

Keepers are always divisive I think and this debate will rumble on. Perhaps some folk expect more without realising where we are at or May be people just aren’t keen on him.

This debate will rumble on but those who seems vehemently against him are wasting their time…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 97
A Brace Of Tees
September 5, 2021, 4:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +705
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm with you on this - I guess if he was as good on crosses as he is on reflexes, he wouldn't be here.

Given our unbeaten start, I might be being a bit churlish but I just see it as a potential weakness that might make a difference in a tight game. I understand that, for others, everything is currently beyond criticism.

What should also be remembered is that some of his world class reflex saves over the years have also 'made a difference in a tight game'.

As several have pointed out - if he was as good at commanding his area as he is on shot-stopping , then he'd be playing 2 or 3 divisions higher.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 97
GrimPol
September 5, 2021, 4:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -784
Gold Stars: 76
I think over the years he's been great at reflex saves, but he's never commanded his area.
Having said that I haven't seen the goals against/for Barnet, where  can they be seen?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 97
Kris2
September 5, 2021, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Think I've heard the same thing about every Keeper I can remember, at least while they are actually playing for us and probably from all the same people at the ground and on here. "He's a good shot stopper but doesn't command his area and he's crap on crosses" was also said about Welsh international Danny Coyne and Wembley double winner Aidan Davison when they were playing for us by groaning voices in the ground. Of course when goalkeepers leave like most other players they often become better in the minds of fans who probably moaned about them before.

It gets to a point where it feels like people are just repeating the same thing season after season and it gets boring because even when we do have a new man between the sticks they'll probably say the exact same thing.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 97
MuddyWaters
September 5, 2021, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Kris2
Think I've heard the same thing about every Keeper I can remember, at least while they are actually playing for us and probably from all the same people at the ground and on here. "He's a good shot stopper but doesn't command his area and he's crap on crosses" was also said about Welsh international Danny Coyne and Wembley double winner Aidan Davison when they were playing for us by groaning voices in the ground. Of course when goalkeepers leave like most other players they often become better in the minds of fans who probably moaned about them before.

It gets to a point where it feels like people are just repeating the same thing season after season and it gets boring because even when we do have a new man between the sticks they'll probably say the exact same thing.

It gets to a point where it’s boring when you’re not allowed to have an opinion. Getting to the point where this board is so sanitised that it’s pointless.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 97
realist
September 5, 2021, 5:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from 123614
Talking about negative, I don't see any posts from Ipswin, realist et al.  Wonder why?

I dont do non league. If you are happy with the poor standard of football, fair enough but I'm not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 97
Manchester Mariner
September 5, 2021, 5:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It gets to a point where it’s boring when you’re not allowed to have an opinion. Getting to the point where this board is so sanitised that it’s pointless.

For a 'sanitised' board were 'you're not allowed to have an opinion' you have certainly managed to slip past the tyranny of the mods by stating your opinion a fair few times.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 97
DB
September 5, 2021, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from realist

I dont do non league. If you are happy with the poor standard of football, fair enough but I'm not

So why have you posted on here several times since the season started?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 97
realist
September 5, 2021, 5:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
In the hope Hurst gets sacked.  No comments about the football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 97
rancido
September 5, 2021, 5:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from realist

If you are a town fan then it's through "thick and thin" and not selective levels we play at. If you don't do 'non - league' then maybe it would be advisable to keep shtum until we are back in the league.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now the negative bit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.