4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
GtfcGarner
September 1, 2021, 7:04am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,793
Gold Stars: 26
Like said before.. a new team put together, had to isolate for 10 days and we've managed 2 clean sheets from 2 games. I'm usually quite pessimistic but not a bad start whatsoever. Wouldn't mind winning 40 games 1-0 rather than the odd goalfest every now and then. One or two more in and I reckon we will be there or there abouts. Good away point for the boys.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
ex-merseymariner
September 1, 2021, 7:26am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Radio Humberside had Gary Henshaw as co-commentator alongside JT,  and he made insightful observations. He was critical of Revan early on for his positioning, and commented on it being a big physical challenge for Hunt but these are 2 young players in one of their biggest games so far.

From the commentary Clifton seemed to be everywhere.  
Both commentators were frustrated by the full backs first half and also too many long straight passes out for goal kicks, which was something that apparently Pearson stopped when he came on with some cleverer passing.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 1, 2021, 9:19am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Pearson, waterfall played really well, was a lot more composed at the back when he came on too.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Les Brechin
September 1, 2021, 10:49am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face
Can’t believe how much money Stockport have spent to put that squad together, they’re absolute fcuking junk. Good point, Hunt and Revan need to get on the weights, McAtee is class, I like Efete but he needs to be more confident going forward - he looked better driving on than trying to work out 1-2s on the byline. I don’t like McKeown. utm.

Not sure what that says about us then, if we couldn't beat them!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
headingly_mariner
September 1, 2021, 11:02am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,392
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Radio Humberside had Gary Henshaw as co-commentator alongside JT,  and he made insightful observations. He was critical of Revan early on for his positioning, and commented on it being a big physical challenge for Hunt but these are 2 young players in one of their biggest games so far.

From the commentary Clifton seemed to be everywhere.  
Both commentators were frustrated by the full backs first half and also too many long straight passes out for goal kicks, which was something that apparently Pearson stopped when he came on with some cleverer passing.

Yeah I think both could be really good players and just lack a little of the physicality needed, I think both will really come on over the coming games. Hunt looks a really talented footballer.

Clifton was my star man, outrageous engine on him and he was constantly making key interceptions all over the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 1, 2021, 11:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
A highlight from the radio commentary:

As Town prepared to take a free kick on the edge of Stockport's penalty box.... "the ref's already decided this is going to be a Stockport free kick when the ball's played in".

Mr G Henshaw, former Grimsby player. Wonderfully biased  

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Davec
September 1, 2021, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
First half we did struggle to get a foothold in the game and Stockport was dominating the midfield I felt as we wasn't getting anywhere near them and wasn't picking up the first balls let alone the 2nd balls, Taylor does bring the ball down well but I don't think the rest of the squad quite know how to play off him effectively yet, hopefully that will come.

2nd half was certainly an improvement from the first half with us looking more threatening and Hunt was more effective also, John Lewis did well when he came on, won headers and was generally a nuisance which is what you expect from him, Central midfield regained some control when Fox come on, although I would say Stockport had the better chances, neither team really created a glut of chances and I would have taken a point before the game.

We really do need a number 9, somebody to get into those positions where he only needs a chance and somebody to make those runs and that will allow Mcatee to do what he does best which is play just off the front 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Posh Harry
September 1, 2021, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,370
Gold Stars: 36
There were one or two of the usuals slagging off hurst in the first half on here saying ‘same old negative hurst’, but in his post match interview he admitted he wasn’t happy in the first half, that the full backs were not pushing on enough, that we were passing back to much and then playing long aimless balls. He then managed to change that at half time which resulted in a much better second half. He was trying to as the first half went on but it’s not always easy to get the message across.

Some doom merchants just need to keep their mouths shut for a while and let a game of football pan out over 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Grantham_Mariner
September 1, 2021, 4:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Enjoyed the game last night, a point well deserved, the only depressing thing was the programe cover!

[img]https://www.stockportcounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/03-Grimsby-Town-1-494x700.jpg[/img]

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.