DB
August 31, 2021, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS leagues don't change their rules every time a club joins it.

If we didn't like it we could have asked to be relegated  to the Northern Premier League.

There is a large difference between a CONTRACT and a rule. Contracts are enforceable in court, also why do you have to be so aggressive. I've noticed this on other posts from you to other people?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 31, 2021, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
If BT had anything about them theyd earn far more by doing an Ifollow like service but making you subscribe to BT to do it than they ever would showing the occasional NL match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
OneLove
August 31, 2021, 7:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
can anyone help, clicked on link and it says click on audio link at top of page and there isn't any icon there. will this come on at 19:45?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
arryarryarry
August 31, 2021, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from DB

There is a large difference between a CONTRACT and a rule. Contracts are enforceable in court, also why do you have to be so aggressive. I've noticed this on other posts from you to other people?

Because you are talking balderdash, are you that stupid that the National League will negotiate a new contract just for GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
BenBB
August 31, 2021, 7:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from OneLove
can anyone help, clicked on link and it says click on audio link at top of page and there isn't any icon there. will this come on at 19:45?

Use the BBC Sounds app/website, not the GTFC website. From the announcement today by the club the part of the GTFC website doing the live audio (and previously video) is being retired. The website's still running on EFL infrastructure at the minute so still has EFL features showing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_humberside

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 50
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2021, 8:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB
Having read several posts and club statements about the BT contract I am slightly confused about the contract legality. My reasoning is:-

A contract was made between the NL and BT. GY was not a party to that agreement or contract as they were not in the EFL at the time of the contract. They were unable to partake or influence the contract.

Town then dropped into the NL who had previously agreed to the contract with BT. As Town was unable to negotiate the contract or influence it I cannot see any reason why they should be bound by it. Other clubs in the NL yes, but not Town.

Some may argue that it was a condition of relegation, but if you do not agree to something or being able to influence it, then how can you be bound by it.

No doubt somebody will be able to put a legal point of view on this, but to me, it doesn't seem right in law.

Maybe Noches can answer

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
DB
August 31, 2021, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Because you are talking balderdash, are you that stupid that the National League will negotiate a new contract just for GTFC.

I notice you didn't defend that you are aggressive to many on here. Unfortunately, unlike you, I am not stupid, as a true fan I want the best for Town and most of their fans. You appear to be in a minority, probably of one, that will accept any rubbish that the NL dish out.

I didn't say I expect the NL to negotiate a new contract for GTFC. If you had a connection between your eyes and brain you would realise this stupid.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
diehardmariner
September 1, 2021, 2:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS leagues don't change their rules every time a club joins it.

If we didn't like it we could have asked to be relegated  to the Northern Premier League.

Exactly this.

We had to apply to join the Conference, part of which would have been agreeing to their terms and conditions which will include the TV deal.

It is a crap deal but there's absolutely no legal ground to contest it.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
DB
September 1, 2021, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Exactly this.

We had to apply to join the Conference, part of which would have been agreeing to their terms and conditions which will include the TV deal.

It is a crap deal but there's absolutely no legal ground to contest it.

So why did we? If you have to apply ( not be relegated into it) as you say then somebody dropped a large bo llock. You'd also better tell the NL north and south that they have to apply rather than be promoted. I'm sure the Boston's of those leagues would love to apply to be in the NL.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
diehardmariner
September 1, 2021, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Why did we?  Because otherwise we would be without a league to play in.  The Football League kicked us out of their system because we finished rock bottom.  Had we not applied and accepted the terms presented to us, we would have been screwed.

Teams that finish top of the Conference in turn have to apply to the Football League, which is why historically teams have been rejected because their ground didn't meet the set standards.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is there a stream for tonight, vs Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.