Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 208 Guests

JSF Latest

This thread currently has 17,602 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
September 2, 2021, 5:44pm
Guest User
Quoted from 123614
Can we forget about Fenty, I don't see the point in having ANY thread at all to do with him?

Maybe you should leave threads entitled 'JSF' (or similar) well alone.
Reply: 80 - 118
monkeyboy
September 2, 2021, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Can’t really say he’s stupid in the main. Actually making money out of a football club? Not many do that albeit virtually stolen from an ex director.  
His affairs caught up with him in ways he couldn’t squirm out of in the end and knew he had to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 118
Simon
September 2, 2021, 6:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from diehardmariner

Because the twit is still bleeding the club dry from afar.  He's the sole reason our budget is restricted this year and that we're not enjoying the financial benefit from the sale of Grist and Pollock.  Without him we'd have around £500k extra to play with, be it on wages, transfer fees, facilities, staff.....  6 years ago fans raised a quarter of that to boost the budget and it went a long way towards achieving promotion.  Imagine what we could have done with that money?

That's why he's still (unfortunately) relevant and people still talk about him.

Said it every time the fans have rallied round to raise funds and will say it again, we should have collectively as a fan group been buying shares with our investment rather than just keep gifting the club 100k here and 50k there, wonder how much we as fans raised over the years, tidy sum i bet

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 118
jamesgtfc
September 2, 2021, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Simon

Said it every time the fans have rallied round to raise funds and will say it again, we should have collectively as a fan group been buying shares with our investment rather than just keep gifting the club 100k here and 50k there, wonder how much we as fans raised over the years, tidy sum i bet

He wouldn't have allowed that though. Look what happened when Parker ended up as the biggest shareholder because Fenty didn't fulfill his part of the bargain. He would have held us to ransom and demanded we gifted him them otherwise he would sell a player or pull his funding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 118
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2021, 8:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He wouldn't have allowed that though. Look what happened when Parker ended up as the biggest shareholder because Fenty didn't fulfill his part of the bargain. He would have held us to ransom and demanded we gifted him them otherwise he would sell a player or pull his funding.

That’s the ‘never again moment’

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 118
denni266
September 3, 2021, 9:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
The man is not fit to be called human , snake  yes human no.. he was only in it to make himself look good and to feather his nest ,We should never forget him for what he did to the club  . he was a horible cretin and as far as i am concerned where ever he goes, what we think should alwase be in his face.  Someone out there is going to skin him alive as kama will have its time and we will have ours
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 118
jamesgtfc
September 3, 2021, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from denni266
The man is not fit to be called human , snake  yes human no.. he was only in it to make himself look good and to feather his nest ,We should never forget him for what he did to the club  . he was a horible cretin and as far as i am concerned where ever he goes, what we think should alwase be in his face.  Someone out there is going to skin him alive as kama will have its time and we will have ours

Bit harsh. The man has a family and I wouldn't ever condone anyone doing anything like that.

I am sure he knows he isn't liked. His political career is finished around here and if he does go back into business locally, even more people will refuse to deal with a business he is associated with.

If anyone does anything criminal towards him or his family, they are just as bad as him, if not worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 118
lukeo
September 3, 2021, 9:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Bit harsh. The man has a family and I wouldn't ever condone anyone doing anything like that.

I am sure he knows he isn't liked. His political career is finished around here and if he does go back into business locally, even more people will refuse to deal with a business he is associated with.

If anyone does anything criminal towards him or his family, they are just as bad as him, if not worse.

Totally agree. We can hate him and never want him near our club again but that's going too far. We need to get him paid off and forget the name John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 118
denni266
September 3, 2021, 9:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I didnt mean criminaly . There are people out there that will be better at doing what he was doing and will rip him off just like he did us and the club . He thought he was clever doing one on a small club and town, sat there with his stupid grin waving at people in the stand. Every season we looked forward to with hope and dreams that it would get better , while he was just pulling the rug from underneith us and planning his next devious plan .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 118
jamesgtfc
September 3, 2021, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Totally agree. We can hate him and never want him near our club again but that's going too far. We need to get him paid off and forget the name John Fenty.

Things are still very raw. We kicked off in the National League last week which still hurts and reminds us of his failures. It was only last week that we discovered all transfer money is being sent to him and there is nothing we can do about it so understandably, there is a lot of anger about.

Success on the pitch will help heal that hurt and once he's paid off, the shackles will be off.

We must not forgive or forget what he did but we do need to move on. Lessons need to be learned and to some extent the current board will no doubt be under more scrutiny because of it.

But posts calling for him to be skinned alive, however it's meant, are out of order.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JSF Latest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.