Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › favourite concerts/gigs?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 40 Guests

favourite concerts/gigs?

This thread currently has 2,210 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
August 29, 2021, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Following on from the taste in music thread.

Just out of interest what's your favourite concert/gig you've been to, and least for that matter, are there anybody you would love/have loved to see but never got chance!

I've got tickets for the following
Rick Astley October
Elton John November
Simply Red February 2022
Lionel Richie June 2022
Belinda Carlisle Feb 2023

Somebody who I would have loved to go and see but obviously can't now is George Michael, say what you like about him as a person but song wise he was incredible imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rick12
August 29, 2021, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Saw Ocean Colour scene at the Astoria and loved it. One of their songs brought me to tears. Whole crowd singing in unison on one of the bands songs "we dont want to fight no more".

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
cmackenzie4
August 29, 2021, 10:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I haven’t been to many concerts unfortunately Dave but if I had to choose 2 it would be Rod Stewart and the Stereophonics

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
chaos33
August 29, 2021, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,983
Gold Stars: 361
Been to tons so too many to pick out but worth mentioning  that I went to The Piece Hall in Halifax last night to see Shed Seven and The Wedding Present. What a beautiful outdoor venue that is.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
Les Brechin
August 30, 2021, 4:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Any Carter USM or Jimbob gig are my favourites. Seen them/him plenty of times but the one at Brixton Academy (can't remember the year) when they filmed In Bed With Carter was a particularly fab gig.

Also special mention for Stiff Little Fingers and The Skids both of whom never disappoint live.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
aldi_01
August 30, 2021, 10:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Seen so many gigs hard to list a favourite…

Stand outside include;

Oasis - Manchester Apollo 2001…they hadn’t played venues that small since 94
Stone roses - Heaton park, the gig that was never likely to happen…
Liam Gallagher - Manchester ritz, first solo gig, didn’t have a ticket, just chanced my arm and went through guest list entrance and then made a run for it…
Diana Ross, legend…
Radiohead
Metallica
Prodigy
Spiritualised
Massive attack

Saw Faithless live a while back, flipping phenomenal gig.

And if it’s your sort of thing, the single greatest musical thing I’ve seen is Ludovico Einaudi…incredible.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Rick12
August 31, 2021, 9:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01

Liam Gallagher - Manchester ritz, first solo gig, didn’t have a ticket, just chanced my arm and went through guest list entrance and then made a run for it…

And if it’s your sort of thing, the single greatest musical thing I’ve seen is Ludovico Einaudi…incredible.
I love Liam Gallagher. The man is a legend. So much passion for his music and I like the guy as well. Very honest and in your face and funny with it. Only thing I dont like is the drugs he use to do and still does occasionally. I saw a film on him recently .You may of seen it : Liam Gallagher  As it was (2019) .Interesting  and gives you an insight into who he really is.

As for Ludovico Einaudi interesting choice. I love classical music. Probably my favourite genre of music now . Another favourite Italian musical artist of mine is Andrea Bocelli.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
PaceyMariner
September 1, 2021, 7:07pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
Not my favourite gig, but went to the Bonus Arena in Hull to watch Blossoms on Bank Holiday Monday, and after one of the songs, just a few rows along from me, heard chants of ‘Sing When We’re Fishing’, ‘Mariners’ and ‘We urine on Your Fish’. Loved it so joined in.

Good lads whoever you are!

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 2, 2021, 10:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
Saw a great few bands while at uni. The likes of stereophonics, manic street preachers, catatonia, Gorkys zykotic mynci, space and brand new heavies to name a few played our student union and we’re all quality. Jools Holland played a couple of university balls and was top notch.

But, as highlights go, I reckon seeing oasis at Cardiff student union, manic street preachers at the millennium on millennium eve and blur at the pier are stand out ones

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
Les Brechin
September 2, 2021, 11:14am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Saw a great few bands while at uni. The likes of stereophonics, manic street preachers, catatonia, Gorkys zykotic mynci, space and brand new heavies to name a few played our student union and we’re all quality. Jools Holland played a couple of university balls and was top notch.

But, as highlights go, I reckon seeing oasis at Cardiff student union, manic street preachers at the millennium on millennium eve and blur at the pier are stand out ones

Blur are decent live too, seen them a few times but the best was when they were fairly unknown. Went to a festival in Germany, very early 90's. I'd not heard much of them as  I think they'd just released their 1st single She's So High. It was a sweltering hot day but Damon Albarn came on dressed as an English Country Gent, complete with jacket, waistcoat and even wearing a bowler hat. They were amazing and blew everyone away and I knew from that minute they would go on to have a great career.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › favourite concerts/gigs?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.