3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
August 28, 2021, 5:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,258
Gold Stars: 266
The P A system at today's game was nothing short of an embarrassment . As well as been damn right dangerous . I'm shocked to say the least . If there was an important announcement to be made regarding security noone in the pontoon would of heard it .
On the plus side , the food was lovely ,the pitch looked superb and the team played and battled hard throughout .
Private Message
golfer
August 28, 2021, 5:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
The P.A. System has been useless for at least 50years - smoke signals would be an improvement. It's a priority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Hagrid
August 28, 2021, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Its got worse. Which is incredible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Plankton
August 28, 2021, 5:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Agreed, it was exceptionally poor today, what have they been doing for 18 months?

I took a few guys with us that haven’t been in years and they commented on the poor the PA system.

I think it’s completely fair criticism as with the loud crowd today, it was impossible to hear the PA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
LH
August 28, 2021, 6:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
I thought it was a nice change. Gave a couple of minutes at the end for nothing but appluase for the team and no “there will be four minutes time allowed….” Time allowed for what?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
tanga_the_indestructible
August 28, 2021, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from It Bites
The P A system at today's game was nothing short of an embarrassment . As well as been damn right dangerous . I'm shocked to say the least . If there was an important announcement to be made regarding security noone in the pontoon would of heard it .
On the plus side , the food was lovely ,the pitch looked superb and the team played and battled hard throughout .

It's being replaced imminently. They're obviously aware of how crap it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 28, 2021, 6:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Unfortunately I believe  the replacement of the PA is taking longer than the club expected and planned for so the speakers today where a bit of a last min addition to try improve what is the failed PA system, it was obvious as soon as the crowd started to build up it was not going to improvie the situation.
Not sure what the plan will be for the next game but I don’t see the speakers being used again.
This is only my opinion and I am sure the clubs will make a statement at some point in the future.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Theimperialcoroner
August 28, 2021, 7:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
I’ve not heard an announcement  in the Pontoon for the last 45 years. Most of the time it has sound like the speakers were under the Humber.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
headingly_mariner
August 28, 2021, 7:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
It thought it was brilliant today when they turned the music off for the last 10 minutes before the kick off. Let the atmosphere build nicely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 28, 2021, 7:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Hagrid
Its got worse. Which is incredible

How? Is it just a series of baked bean tins connected by strings now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pa system

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.