Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.

This thread currently has 3,814 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
August 21, 2021, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
What dodgy owners, agents, Covid, The F.A. and unvaccinated players haven't already ruined this betting deal will taint all stadium advertising, ticketing, community projects and programmes.

How's this for cynical, woke washed guff!

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co......ew-betting-partners/

Would you accept a free ticket from this bunch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Les Brechin
August 21, 2021, 9:30am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
I thought they'd said they were trying to cut down on the number of gambling firms sponsoring football, or did I dream that?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
moosey_club
August 21, 2021, 9:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Oh it's ok...... they dont believe in harmful gambling and have the community at the heart of its money making operations.

Unfortunately gambling has a grip on the population and is getting too big to stop. The government need to clamp down with the harm it does ,   but when you introduce a national lottery for a quid a go for a chance of £15m and reap any taxes that any of these gambling companies may pay (I doubt that is very much into the u.k in comparison to the revenue created) then I cant see the government doing anything more than token measures.

One of the saddest sights i have seen was at the  Newcastle Dogs when on a stag do, the place was virtually deserted apart from a couple of stag groups but there was this guy there about 40 with his young son 4/5 yrs old......both looked pretty ragged but the dad was watching and betting on the races and with every loss looked more and more desperate. The kid was crying as he was wanted to go home...and it looked like the housekeeping was being blown.  
Funny enough I have never seen anything like that in any of the newer "caring" betting companies advertising campaigns.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Hagrid
August 21, 2021, 9:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Disgusts me to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
aldi_01
August 21, 2021, 9:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Betting is a personal choice but to be honest, the issues it causes go much deeper than people realise. ‘Gaz’ down the local, in his nice trainers and coat, nice car and average sized house spunks cash he hasn’t really got, believes he’s ‘lost 500 quid’ because he doesn’t really understand that all he’s lost is the actual money he put on has all his teeth and doesn’t smell, nobody really cares…

If he was hunched in a doorway, smoking a rock Becauee he’s suffered from severe mental health difficulties all his life, begging for a couple of quid them people would step over them, call them names and the like.

Betting can be fun, plenty enjoy it sensibly like plenty enjoy drinking, many take recreational drugs and don’t end up down a rabbit hole but there’s also a fair few that do…sadly, these companies tend to prey on those folk…

They banned booze and cigarette advertising from certain sports…sadly, I can’t see the same happening with betting…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Abdul19
August 21, 2021, 10:00am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,576
Gold Stars: 218
I'd take the free ticket though

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
ska face
August 21, 2021, 10:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
It’s an absolute cancer and in the not-too-distant future people will look at gambling sponsorships in the same way that people view the way cigarettes used to be advertised.

It would be good if the club could partner with GamBan, GamCare or GamStop to offer an alternative to the deluge of ads and propaganda that we’re subjected to from these parasites.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 21, 2021, 10:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,907
Gold Stars: 179
Unfortunately it is what it is. As long as there is money being thrown around, the kudos that goes with it is shoved to the back of the envelope. Sky bet sponsor the championship to league 2 as well and I remember ladbrokes sponsoring the Scottish leagues a few years ago. Unfortunately, the money that is put into the leagues does sfa to help the local communities at all.

Maybe it’s time that things changed, for the better (sic)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Les Brechin
August 21, 2021, 11:00am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ska face
It’s an absolute cancer and in the not-too-distant future people will look at gambling sponsorships in the same way that people view the way cigarettes used to be advertised.

It would be good if the club could partner with GamBan, GamCare or GamStop to offer an alternative to the deluge of ads and propaganda that we’re subjected to from these parasites.

Well said Ska.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
quebec38
August 21, 2021, 11:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Pleases me to see how many fans are against gambling advertising in football.

Government stance of alcohol and tobacco BAD gambling GOOD is a really strange one.

I don’t want to try and rank addictions but Paul Merson’s words were really moving when he said gambling is the worst of all. It is so destructive yet hides in plain sight.

The more you look in to it the scarier it gets. There are 55,000 children in the UK addicted to gambling… the marketing strategies claimed to help counter addiction where the word FUN appears in capitals in a larger text than the rest.

This needs nipping in the bud before we have a whole generation of problem gamblers. It would be good if the club could do something however I guess their hands are tied which is out of their control.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unibet, 32Red, National League and Town.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.