Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromley ticket refunds?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 275 Guests

Bromley ticket refunds?

This thread currently has 2,106 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
vernontown
August 18, 2021, 2:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Does anyone know if we can get a refund on Bromley tickets?

I thought historically it was always 'keep for rearranged fixture, or refund'. However haven't seen anything from club on this, and back of ticket only refers to being valid for rearranged fixture.

I've got no chance of getting to the rearranged fixture, out of work at the moment, so would want a refund. Have also bought Stockport tickets, so would be a bit gutted if both games went.

Also, anyone seen why the fixture has been postponed? Seems ridiculous now the isolation rules have changed. Surely most the players will be double jabbed. Seems bizarre that teenagers, with no jab, could share a bedroom with a sibling with Covid and have no restrictions/isolation. An 18 year old in that situation can now continue going to sixth form, pub, concerts, etc indoors, and yet footballers can't play outside, because a teammate has tested positive???? And almost all the players are old enough to have been offered double jabs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
August 18, 2021, 2:56pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from vernontown

Also, anyone seen why the fixture has been postponed?  

Because some of our players have caught a disease which has killed over 4 million people worldwide over the past 18 months or so! Don't you worry, I'm sure the club will publish details of how you can get your £20 back in due course.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
gobby
August 18, 2021, 3:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
It said on the radio yesterday that 13 players have tested positive! How true this is you will have to ask someone at GRT HITS Radio.  
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
ivanosandwich
August 18, 2021, 3:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from vernontown
Does anyone know if we can get a refund on Bromley tickets?

I thought historically it was always 'keep for rearranged fixture, or refund'. However haven't seen anything from club on this, and back of ticket only refers to being valid for rearranged fixture.

I've got no chance of getting to the rearranged fixture, out of work at the moment, so would want a refund. Have also bought Stockport tickets, so would be a bit gutted if both games went.

Also, anyone seen why the fixture has been postponed? Seems ridiculous now the isolation rules have changed. Surely most the players will be double jabbed. Seems bizarre that teenagers, with no jab, could share a bedroom with a sibling with Covid and have no restrictions/isolation. An 18 year old in that situation can now continue going to sixth form, pub, concerts, etc indoors, and yet footballers can't play outside, because a teammate has tested positive???? And almost all the players are old enough to have been offered double jabs.

I returned 2 tickets for the Chesterfield friendly last week. Was given a refund, no questions asked.

Also, as it's not going to be played on the original planned date, I think the club expect that there will be some people that are not able to make the re-arranged date.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Trickytrev
August 18, 2021, 3:37pm
Beer Drinker
Approval: +117
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
vernontown
August 18, 2021, 10:59pm
Coke Drinker
Approval: +93
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

Because some of our players have caught a disease which has killed over 4 million people worldwide over the past 18 months or so! Don't you worry, I'm sure the club will publish details of how you can get your £20 back in due course.

I can only assume you are one of those inadequate people who seek to validate your existence through such bumptious comments?  Is it deep seated insecurity that prompts such a pointless reaction, or straightforward vapidity?

Yes, I am well aware of such facts. As a frontline key worker throughout, I would also wager my £30 (actually, adult and child!) that I have more direct experience of covid than most. I take sensible precautions, such as wearing masks even though we no longer are obliged to. I do this because the evidence is clear that it helps protect others.

I have had covid. It wasn't nice, but as with most of my age group I recovered fully. My wife had it at the same time time and has some complications of Long Covid still, the best part of a year later! My father had it, at the age of 80. Thankfully he pulled through. He is in a care home, subject to a DNR notice, and spent many months of what are probably some of his last without any in-person visits. My son and daughter are still not allowed to visit my father's care home. My daughter, who has a  learning disability, finds this very hard to deal with.

If you read my comments, before jumping to such bovine simplicity of thinking, you would see I do not downplay Covid in the slightest. A more intelligent response seems to suggest the game is off because it's a large number of players infected. If it was just one or two cases, given fully vaccinated people, (evidentially quite correctly), no longer have to isolate, there is no logic to that meaning the game is postponed. In that situation it would be incongruous to say that close contacts of factory workers or secondary school students (who aren't vaccinated), don't have to isolate, but footballers, who are old enough to have been double jabbed, work outside, and are by definition young and healthy, do!

If it floats your boat to respond to posts such as mine with such capricious bonhomie, then fill your boots if it gives you some smug satisfaction, but if you were being serious then I pity anyone that has to reply on your powers of judgement.

For those that gave a factual response to my post, thank you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Poojah
August 18, 2021, 11:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from vernontown

I can only assume you are one of those inadequate people who seek to validate your existence through such bumptious comments?  Is it deep seated insecurity that prompts such a pointless reaction, or straightforward vapidity?

Yes, I am well aware of such facts. As a frontline key worker throughout, I would also wager my £30 (actually, adult and child!) that I have more direct experience of covid than most. I take sensible precautions, such as wearing masks even though we no longer are obliged to. I do this because the evidence is clear that it helps protect others.

I have had covid. It wasn't nice, but as with most of my age group I recovered fully. My wife had it at the same time time and has some complications of Long Covid still, the best part of a year later! My father had it, at the age of 80. Thankfully he pulled through. He is in a care home, subject to a DNR notice, and spent many months of what are probably some of his last without any in-person visits. My son and daughter are still not allowed to visit my father's care home. My daughter, who has a  learning disability, finds this very hard to deal with.

If you read my comments, before jumping to such bovine simplicity of thinking, you would see I do not downplay Covid in the slightest. A more intelligent response seems to suggest the game is off because it's a large number of players infected. If it was just one or two cases, given fully vaccinated people, (evidentially quite correctly), no longer have to isolate, there is no logic to that meaning the game is postponed. In that situation it would be incongruous to say that close contacts of factory workers or secondary school students (who aren't vaccinated), don't have to isolate, but footballers, who are old enough to have been double jabbed, work outside, and are by definition young and healthy, do!

If it floats your boat to respond to posts such as mine with such capricious bonhomie, then fill your boots if it gives you some smug satisfaction, but if you were being serious then I pity anyone that has to reply on your powers of judgement.

For those that gave a factual response to my post, thank you.

Excellent post. A little bit Simon Jordan in places, but excellent nonetheless. Fair play to you mate.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
GYinScuntland
August 18, 2021, 11:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
That told him. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
louth_in_the_south
August 19, 2021, 7:11am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Pizzzaaa shot down in flames by the Spitfire

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
aldi_01
August 19, 2021, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Well that took a turn…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bromley ticket refunds?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.