jamesgtfc
August 13, 2021, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Croxton

Predictable, cliche ridden, often inaudible, unchanged format for years. Another hangover ripe for a rethink. Could players interview each other, for example? Junior season ticket members perhaps? Sorry to be negative but there is media talent available so why not think out of this very dated box.

I haven't heard a lawnmower for months....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
Croxton
August 13, 2021, 8:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I haven't heard a lawnmower for months....

Perhaps, classic traffic noise though!

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/mariners-secure-hunt-loan-deal/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
August 14, 2021, 9:55am
Guest User
Quoted from Croxton

Predictable, cliche ridden, often inaudible, unchanged format for years. Another hangover ripe for a rethink. Could players interview each other, for example? Junior season ticket members perhaps? Sorry to be negative but there is media talent available so why not think out of this very dated box.

Have you actually seen any of the GTTV videos since the new owners took over?

Reply: 44 - 47
Croxton
August 14, 2021, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 123614

Have you actually seen any of the GTTV videos since the new owners took over?

Yes, and in fairness, I have just revisited nine of the new player videos. There is no doubt that there are massive technical improvements such as drone footage, indoor sound proof studios, and a professional set of well researched questions. My remarks reflect a feeling that they tend to be repetitive sometimes and one dimensional being all about their ambitions etc. and little about them as people.

In hindsight, the instances of poor production values, lawn mowers etc. are now few and far between and I apologise to Liam and others who may have felt slighted. The editing in of action shots alongside player comments as in Ben Fox's interview are really effective, for example.

I would still like to see a little less formality at times perhaps but I am aware that there  are P.F.A and League protocols to be observed.

You were correct to challenge my post Black and White Bear!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
golfer
August 14, 2021, 6:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Oprah Winfrey will be the next interviewer - might be loaded questions but not many answers will be truthful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
August 15, 2021, 12:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from Croxton

Yes, and in fairness, I have just revisited nine of the new player videos. There is no doubt that there are massive technical improvements such as drone footage, indoor sound proof studios, and a professional set of well researched questions. My remarks reflect a feeling that they tend to be repetitive sometimes and one dimensional being all about their ambitions etc. and little about them as people.

In hindsight, the instances of poor production values, lawn mowers etc. are now few and far between and I apologise to Liam and others who may have felt slighted. The editing in of action shots alongside player comments as in Ben Fox's interview are really effective, for example.

I would still like to see a little less formality at times perhaps but I am aware that there  are P.F.A and League protocols to be observed.

You were correct to challenge my post Black and White Bear!

No problems mate.

Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › William Bapaga

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.