2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2021, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Just signed defender Aaron Hayden from Carlisle for an undisclosed fee on a three year deal!

Certainly making a statement of intent but if it goes wrong, it's going to cost an absolute fortune paying them all up.
Logged Online
Private Message
LondonMariner43
August 8, 2021, 11:49am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
The question for Town fans is would you prefer your club to be the personal plaything of Hollywood actors or a long term sustainable community project.  The latter may not bring overnight success but I know which one I prefer.  

I hope that enough of us understand and support the goals that Jason, Andrew, Debbie and Paul have for the club, so that if football success takes time there is patience for the project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
barrattstandman
August 8, 2021, 12:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +482
Gold Stars: 17
Obsessions, obsessions , Obsessions.  Why do we every year become obsessed with another clubs signings . Previously it has been Mansfield and we know where that has taken them . Let's get obsessed with our own signings please !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
crusty ole pie
August 8, 2021, 2:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,384
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from barrattstandman
Obsessions, obsessions , Obsessions.  Why do we every year become obsessed with another clubs signings . Previously it has been Mansfield and we know where that has taken them . Let's get obsessed with our own signings please !

Wanted to give you a gold star too but am only allowed one per day
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2021, 3:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barrattstandman

Have you noticed noticed the pages of angst devoted to this subject 😄

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
jamesgtfc
August 8, 2021, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The question for Town fans is would you prefer your club to be the personal plaything of Hollywood actors or a long term sustainable community project.  The latter may not bring overnight success but I know which one I prefer.  

I hope that enough of us understand and support the goals that Jason, Andrew, Debbie and Paul have for the club, so that if football success takes time there is patience for the project.

I'm on a dad's group on Facebook and someone asked what team people support. One guy said he was a Wrexham fan and one was a Notts County fan. Introduced myself as a Grimsby fan and the response was that we seem to be quietly building a decent team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
aldi_01
August 8, 2021, 3:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I'm on a dad's group on Facebook and someone asked what team people support. One guy said he was a Wrexham fan and one was a Notts County fan. Introduced myself as a Grimsby fan and the response was that we seem to be quietly building a decent team.

One thing all football fans have in common during preseason is the obsession that everyone else has had a better preseason and recruited better then your own team.

If Wrexham wanna spaff cash, let them. Doesn’t mean it’ll be successful, we all know what it can get like with that level of expectation etc…harder falls and all that. They can end up paying more for players Becauee players/agents know they’ve got cash. I remember talking to a coach at Lincoln after they’d made cash, the club were celebrating how much they’d made etc…Crowley politely asked the club to keep quiet as bang average players were changing their arm for more money…I suspect some of this has happened at Wrexham.

Is the obsession Becauee they’re signing players people have heard of or have seen on Quest therefore they must be good. Nonsense really, anyone remember when town fans spoke for years about signing this lad from York, Brodie I think his name was…remember when we brought folk like him in and other teams thought we’d romp it…

Just concentrate of enjoying the optimism you can have at this stage in the season and enjoy being to do go to football like normal…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
HertsGTFC
August 8, 2021, 4:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

One thing all football fans have in common during preseason is the obsession that everyone else has had a better preseason and recruited better then your own team.

If Wrexham wanna spaff cash, let them. Doesn’t mean it’ll be successful, we all know what it can get like with that level of expectation etc…harder falls and all that. They can end up paying more for players Becauee players/agents know they’ve got cash. I remember talking to a coach at Lincoln after they’d made cash, the club were celebrating how much they’d made etc…Crowley politely asked the club to keep quiet as bang average players were changing their arm for more money…I suspect some of this has happened at Wrexham.

Is the obsession Becauee they’re signing players people have heard of or have seen on Quest therefore they must be good. Nonsense really, anyone remember when town fans spoke for years about signing this lad from York, Brodie I think his name was…remember when we brought folk like him in and other teams thought we’d romp it…

Just concentrate of enjoying the optimism you can have at this stage in the season and enjoy being to do go to football like normal…

Exactly this, bad example considering people are getting excited as he didn’t feature for Newport but I’m not sure anyone had Amond on their radar when we signed him.

In relation to being on Quest? I think any bull sh1tter can feature heavily on that program and “some” of their previous pundits are as we know complete liars.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2021, 6:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

On behalf of the people who red-crossed your statement: “how dare you bring any positive perspective to the issue!”

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
lukeo
August 8, 2021, 7:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
Wrexham who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wrexham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.