2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
fishcake63
July 18, 2021, 9:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Too early to even guess but my one & only stab is coke skipper seen as both him & pearson started first 45 yesterday , i'm happy with that as well think coke been a revealation since he come in !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
diehardmariner
July 19, 2021, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Definitely think it'll be a 4-2-3-1 or some sort of variation of.  I'd agree with jamesgtfc on the back four.  Longe-King and Pearson looked to have a decent understanding already and whilst I don't want to go in on him straight away, there was a marked difference with having Waterfall on for the second half.  It's just less composed and less organised.  If Pearson and Waterfall are competing for the warrior/leader role, there's only one winner. Longe-King's physicality and athleticism sees him in for my eyes.  Efete definitely looked the better of the right-backs and Crooks looked more natural than Khouri, who I don't even think is really a left-back.  

In the middle I think it'll be two holding and at the minute it's from Clifton, Fox and Coke.  

The three further on is anyone's guess. Sousa, Grant, Wright for the wide slots and then at Scannell, McAtee as the more central one but I think both could operate out wide too.  

The striker - well at the minute we've no-one fit!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Jarmo.Is.God
July 19, 2021, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Watched clips on youtube, and Looked like Scannell was playing as a CAM, behind a front 3?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
diehardmariner
July 19, 2021, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah he was, sorta drifting about a bit.  Grant on the right and Braithwaite on the left but it was quite fluid really.

Second half McAtee was the one with the free type role.  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › First XI

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.