WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 18, 2021, 9:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from arryarryarry

Probably couldn't be arsed to edit it, as I mentioned in another post, with Ifollow all the highlights were edited by a central company, the club didn't have to do it unlike the old days before Ifollow.

I think they just rushed the whole video through with minimal editing just to get out there for the fans. We may have an edited highlights in the next few days.
I hope the club are planning on filming all the friendlies in their entirety for us to watch, as well as a later highlight reel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
fishcake63
July 18, 2021, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Poojah

Yep, it’s difficult to watch an hour and a half of video, particularly from a less than ideal vantage point. But putting that to one side, what a brilliant sight it is to see a set of sunny terraces adorned with fans in black and white shirts.

I remember going to Scunny away last year with a sense of inevitably that it would be the last game I would attend for sometime, but I never imagined it might be a year and a half. Last season, frankly, is dead to me for so many reasons but I can’t fùcking wait to be back at BP.

They say you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.
what a great post mate 100% agree

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
pen penfras
July 19, 2021, 8:15am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71

I think they just rushed the whole video through with minimal editing just to get out there for the fans. We may have an edited highlights in the next few days.
I hope the club are planning on filming all the friendlies in their entirety for us to watch, as well as a later highlight reel

I'm fairly sure the home team edit it and send in the footage. That's why the highlights are always biased towards the home team when the game looked nothing like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
diehardmariner
July 19, 2021, 11:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Absolutely impossible to read too much into the performance really.  I think Clee Town are a good few weeks ahead of us in terms of pre-season and it was absolutely boiling, probably bordering on unsafe to play actually.

That said there was a fair few positives. So good to see Pearson back in the side and seeing how he organised and talked everyone through every single passage of play.

Coke looked how he ended the season whilst Fox looks to be a great addition.  Not quite sure how we're going to fit them in together as both look like they want to come and get the ball from deep. Maybe with a much further forward third midfielder, almost in the hole, someone like Scannell perhaps?

Efete just wants to attack.  Albeit against lesser opposition than what we'll face in the coming months but his first thought every time was just to get forward.  Lots of pace and drive but seemed quite decent technically too.

Concerning talk about LJL and then with Taylor pulling up too, definitely looked a hamstring issue to me.  Sure that No 9 shirt will be getting filled soonish.  The young lad who came on and scored, Essel, looked lively, quick and eager.  But he's miles away from the finished article.  
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 19, 2021, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from diehardmariner
Absolutely impossible to read too much into the performance really.  I think Clee Town are a good few weeks ahead of us in terms of pre-season and it was absolutely boiling, probably bordering on unsafe to play actually.

That said there was a fair few positives. So good to see Pearson back in the side and seeing how he organised and talked everyone through every single passage of play.

Coke looked how he ended the season whilst Fox looks to be a great addition.  Not quite sure how we're going to fit them in together as both look like they want to come and get the ball from deep. Maybe with a much further forward third midfielder, almost in the hole, someone like Scannell perhaps?

Efete just wants to attack.  Albeit against lesser opposition than what we'll face in the coming months but his first thought every time was just to get forward.  Lots of pace and drive but seemed quite decent technically too.

Concerning talk about LJL and then with Taylor pulling up too, definitely looked a hamstring issue to me.  Sure that No 9 shirt will be getting filled soonish.  The young lad who came on and scored, Essel, looked lively, quick and eager.  But he's miles away from the finished article.  

I think you can read a lot into it.

Before the game I was thinking that a loss would be a disaster, a 2-0 (or so) win would be par, more than that would be a good sign. Especially if everyone in the squad got a run out and so there was limited chance to get any rhythm going. Add to that it was like playing in a blast furnace. All in all, a good result and a good start to the pre season games. Hurst will be pleased and the squad will be feeling positive.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
Oly1987
July 19, 2021, 11:46am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
https://youtu.be/jWaRJoAP_gU

for those who just want highlights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cleethorpes Town match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.