2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
July 17, 2021, 2:42am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Forty notes for a Kings Cross Travelodge. Bar open until 2am too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Les Brechin
July 17, 2021, 11:40am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Yeah, I’d echo what others have said.

If you are staying in the Bromley area and you want some ideas away from the pub:

Westerham is not far. Nice market town with Churchill’s home Chartwell not far away. Chartwell is a big house but feels like a home and obviously has links to the great man. Great views from the grounds (it’s on the edge of the North Downs - North Downs Way is close by if you like walking and stopping at village pubs, Toys Hill and Ide Hill).
Biggin Hill is close to Bromley. Not sure how much you can explore.
Downe, the village where Darwin lived is also near there. His house is a museum.
The village of Shoreham is a few stops down the line to Sevenoaks. Very picturesque. Plus pubs.
Chislehurst Caves is a bit of a different thing. Man made tunnels several Km long, in chalk going back thousands of years. Used as air raid shelter in the war. Gigs down there in the 60s!

Should be able to park near the football ground. Leafy suburbia with plenty of room.

My brother lives in a small village called Tatsfield which is very near Biggin Hill. If you have time and are an aviation fan, then a visit to The Spitfire Cafe on the main road through Biggin Hill is well worth a visit. Literally every available inch of the walls and ceiling is covered in RAF/Spifire memorablia. I usually go there at least once when I'm down visiting my brother, top food also.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
KingstonMariner
July 17, 2021, 1:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Les Brechin

My brother lives in a small village called Tatsfield which is very near Biggin Hill. If you have time and are an aviation fan, then a visit to The Spitfire Cafe on the main road through Biggin Hill is well worth a visit. Literally every available inch of the walls and ceiling is covered in RAF/Spifire memorablia. I usually go there at least once when I'm down visiting my brother, top food also.

Good shout Les. Thanks. I’ll be going with a WWII buff so it’ll be right up his Strasse (that’s not rhyming slang by the way).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Yossarian
July 20, 2021, 10:52am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
Dont stay in Bromley.  That is like planning a night out in Goole.

Some good suggestions above....

I'd also add Greenwich just near where I live; good for a day trip out; 20 mins drive from Bromley; beautiful park, Maritime museum, Cutty Sark, right on the river; some decent pubs and a Brewery.  Plenty of cheap places to stay if you dont stay right in centre of Greenwich

You can also get to Peckham/Dulwich from Bromley; good bars and restaurants;
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Overnight in Bromley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.