Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 220 Guests

POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!

This thread currently has 5,459 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
July 15, 2021, 11:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ancientmariner54
You cannot blame the police for a bunch of brain dead thugs turning up without tickets and forcing their way in .It's way to easy to blame someone else  . They are old enough but obviously not intelligent enough to know better .

Their job isn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
supertown
July 16, 2021, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from DB

The troublemakers had to travel to get to Wembley and could have been stopped earlier.

Yeah, the police ‘super powers’ were clearly not working that day. Fancy not knowing what was going to happen 🤨
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
ska face
July 16, 2021, 10:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from supertown

Yeah, the police ‘super powers’ were clearly not working that day. Fancy not knowing what was going to happen 🤨

What’s happened to the much vaunted “police intelligence”, or failing that, common sense?

100k capacity with only 60k allowed in, stewarded by minimum wage teenagers in the main, for the biggest game in 55 years where tickets were going for thousands at face value? Doesn’t take a genius does it.

The met have seemingly endless resource to crack down on any civil liberties you could name but when it comes to the biggest sporting event on British soil since the 60s, they drop the ball again. I suppose we should be thankful that nobody got Menezes’d given Cressida male private was in charge.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
louth_in_the_south
July 16, 2021, 11:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I’d like the who ever red crossed this to explain their thoughts then , cmon show some balls and back it up because South Yorkshire police were fully to blame for the loss of 96 pour souls in my eyes

I don’t see the connection between Hillsborough and Wembley 35 years later . I get what you mean but don’t see what bringing Hillsborough into this debate achieves .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 16, 2021, 11:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Seems to me the major fault if we are blame passing for this sort of event is the level and quality of stewarding and security. Money seems to be the prime consideration and if the sods know security will be lax then they will always take advantage.

Beef it up but then, like the airports, I suppose the cry will be about spectators having to queue for ages.

It is pretty clear there is a substantial number of people who see it as a badge of honour to get free admission to sporting and music events and no doubt travel free on the tube to get there. This has been true for years, I can remember the Millwall, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool, Leeds and Chelsea gangs doing the same thing in the 60s/70s.  But what do we do about such idiots when it takes 5 police to deal with one of these idiots with a “duty of care”……. being careful to not taser his b0ll0cks, kneel on his head or push a flare further up his @rse which would be the reaction of most of us. Water cannon? Next day headline about someone in a mobility scooter enjoying some alfresco refreshment being washed down the road.

I don’t know the answer but I do know the cause. Stupid tw@ts dosed up on drugs and drink.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
dapperz fun pub
July 16, 2021, 12:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I don’t see the connection between Hillsborough and Wembley 35 years later . I get what you mean but don’t see what bringing Hillsborough into this debate achieves .

Police failure to control a crowd which resulted in the loss of 96 lives and on Sunday police failure to control a crowd which could of easily resulted in fatalities. Plus both the met and SYP who lied about events  and facts to cover up their mistakes and 35 yrs laters the met are doing their best to spin themselves out of it. The police are in place to protect the public they failed at Hillsboro and failed on Sunday that’s the link
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
Stadium
July 16, 2021, 4:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ska face

What’s happened to the much vaunted “police intelligence”, or failing that, common sense?

100k capacity with only 60k allowed in, stewarded by minimum wage teenagers in the main, for the biggest game in 55 years where tickets were going for thousands at face value? Doesn’t take a genius does it.

The met have seemingly endless resource to crack down on any civil liberties you could name but when it comes to the biggest sporting event on British soil since the 60s, they drop the ball again. I suppose we should be thankful that nobody got Menezes’d given Cressida male private was in charge.

Amazing wasn't it.
If you were a steward why would you even attempt to intervene?
The cowards who attacked the ticketless fan by surrounding him and kicking him in the head whilst laid on the floor were pathetic too.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
Gaffer58
July 16, 2021, 4:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
It’s basically those organising these events penny pinching, don’t want to pay to have police on site so they employ loads of students etc on minimum wage, afraid the same thing was said about the Manchester Arena bombing, no police about but plenty of 18 year old students with high vis jacked on. It’s time proper rules are put into place where there are thousands in attendance. It’s noticeable that politicians, royals etc always have plenty of police around them but Joe public can do with a student.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
GYinScuntland
July 17, 2021, 2:57am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Stadium

Amazing wasn't it.
If you were a steward why would you even attempt to intervene?
The cowards who attacked the ticketless fan by surrounding him and kicking him in the head whilst laid on the floor were pathetic too.

And that sums up in one short sentence why this country is copulated.
I'll take the money but I'm buggered if I'm going to do the job and get my hands dirty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
KingstonMariner
July 17, 2021, 5:27am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GYinScuntland

And that sums up in one short sentence why this country is copulated.
I'll take the money but I'm buggered if I'm going to do the job and get my hands dirty.

And that in two sentences shows that a lot of people have no idea.

They’re not paid to get involved in violence and they don’t have the powers, training or weapons of the police, and will most likely end up getting prosecuted for assault or wrongful arrest.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › POLICE NOT AT FAULT!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.