Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just wondering........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

Just wondering........

This thread currently has 6,998 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
June 30, 2021, 3:00pm
Guest User
.......if anyone has seen what has been done at Cheapside yet, anyone took any photo's?  It's been a few weeks since they started the work there, I'm just interested in what improvements have been made.  #UTM #1878
DB
June 30, 2021, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Went past today, new signage, buildings looking spruced up and there's green stuff between the car park and far buildings. I think it's called grass.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
promotion plaice
June 30, 2021, 5:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

Any news on the dartboard?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
DB
June 30, 2021, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Any news on the dartboard?  

Sorry, couldn't see in the skip.

Allegedly there were signed smiling photo's of JF & IH covered in excrement that had been remove earlier, but as I didn't witness it I'm not sure.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Davec
June 30, 2021, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
How many porta cabins do we have now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
DB
June 30, 2021, 6:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Davec
How many porta cabins do we have now

Everything looked just the same, building-wise. It just looked like they were spruced up, a new lick of paint, etc. In fact, it looked like a training ground for a professional football club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 30, 2021, 7:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
[quote=122237]How many porta cabins do we have now [/quote

Two more

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
ginnywings
June 30, 2021, 8:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
The weights room is being turned into a classroom with computer stations and a screen at one end to do proper analysis and game prep. Lots of other sprucing up going on in the other buildings too, as well as two brand new buildings being added.

I was given the opportunity to do a good chunk of the work, but alas, I couldn't get it done in the timeframe with the other commitments I have, so had to pass on it. It had to be ready for the players coming back to start training and I couldn't fit it in with the other jobs I had ongoing, one of which is the fan zone.

Gutted! Would loved to have been a part of the work at the training ground.

Enjoyed working on the fan zone and other bits around the ground though.

The Docks Beers lads started work on the bar and food area yesterday.

Loads of other work going on around the ground, but I'll not say any more and let the club show off the new stuff as it's completed. Suspect there will be a series of videos to come in the next few weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Mikey_345
June 30, 2021, 9:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,539
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from ginnywings
The weights room is being turned into a classroom with computer stations and a screen at one end to do proper analysis and game prep. Lots of other sprucing up going on in the other buildings too, as well as two brand new buildings being added.

I was given the opportunity to do a good chunk of the work, but alas, I couldn't get it done in the timeframe with the other commitments I have, so had to pass on it. It had to be ready for the players coming back to start training and I couldn't fit it in with the other jobs I had ongoing, one of which is the fan zone.

Gutted! Would loved to have been a part of the work at the training ground.

Enjoyed working on the fan zone and other bits around the ground though.

Loads of other work going on around the ground, but I'll not say any more and let the club show off the new stuff as it's completed. Suspect there will be a series of videos to come in the next few weeks.

Ah, we were always told Hurst was “good with computers”

Always thought it’d be interesting to actually see what the set ups like over there. Even more so now we’ve had some improvements.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Maringer
June 30, 2021, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,645
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from ginnywings

Wow, they really are pushing the boat out at the training ground.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just wondering........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.