2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
June 25, 2021, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
There may well be an element of Hurst waiting for a couple to prove him wrong. We still need a few more bodies but as things stand right now:

McKeown

Etefe Pearson Longe-King Clifton

Wright Coke Fox Sousa

Taylor LJL
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
diehardmariner
June 25, 2021, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I think the fact that we were devoid of creativity for large periods of the run-in and Hurst still didn't call upon Williams, or even have him on the bench at times when we failed to name 7 subs, speaks volumes about his views on him.

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season.  I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

I'm definitely not pinning any hopes on him based on one decent 45 minute display.

Seems that we've signed a few athletic and attacking full-backs, combined with a decent number of centre-backs, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with a variation of a wingback system.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Bigdog
June 25, 2021, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think the fact that we were devoid of creativity for large periods of the run-in and Hurst still didn't call upon Williams, or even have him on the bench at times when we failed to name 7 subs, speaks volumes about his views on him.

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season. I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

I'm definitely not pinning any hopes on him based on one decent 45 minute display.

Seems that we've signed a few athletic and attacking full-backs, combined with a decent number of centre-backs, I wouldn't be surprised if we go into the season with a variation of a wingback system.

Pretty harsh. He was excellent against Orient, Cheltenham and Scunthorpe too, poor in a few games like every other player under Holloway, and barely featured other than that, which is where the reasonable doubt lies. And knowing Hurst, if Williams is here next season, he will be featuring in Hurst's plans as PH has made it clear there won't be any deadwood hanging around the squad for the forthcoming season..

Wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, but a 100% George Williams would be a valuable asset to any NL squad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
OneLove
June 25, 2021, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
the clicky fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
BeijingMariner
June 25, 2021, 2:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from thefish

[url]https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ[/url]

Perfect
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
forza ivano
June 25, 2021, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yes he had an impact in the game against Mansfield but that was pretty much all he offered the whole season.  I trust Hurst 100% when it comes to player attitudes and how they fit into the team dynamic.  Something is amiss with Williams and I'll be surprised if he's here in the near future and if he is, I can't see him featuring at all.

and after that Mansfield game Hurst spent as much time bemoaning his lack of bravery and his inability to score that header as he did praising his contribution. that said a lot to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
arryarryarry
June 25, 2021, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano

and after that Mansfield game Hurst spent as much time bemoaning his lack of bravery and his inability to score that header as he did praising his contribution. that said a lot to me

He said similar about Amond when he missed a chance with a header and after he scored with a header against I think  Altrincham he went running round the pitch tapping his head.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
dapperz fun pub
June 27, 2021, 12:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from BeijingMariner
wow, what a couple of responses. you know the post was just a bit of fun, right? sounds to me like you are looking for an argument

This is why the fishy is regarded by many as a joke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What’s our first 11

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.