pizzzza
June 4, 2021, 11:04pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Green27

That woman has down far more for this club and its fans than you ever have. You need to give your head a wobble and apologise for such a stupid thing to say. It’s 2021 you complete and utter sexist.

Always someone willing to be offended on someone else's behalf, pretty sure it was meant as a joke.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
rancido
June 4, 2021, 11:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from jamesgtfc
It's great to finally see us entering the 21st century 21.5 years after everyone else!

And yet on another thread we have posters extolling the virtues of playing in a ground that wouldn't look out of place in the early 20th century - oh I forgot part of it is from that period!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Green27
June 4, 2021, 11:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pizzzza

Always someone willing to be offended on someone else's behalf, pretty sure it was meant as a joke.

Where I come from it’s called, calling out being a sharp object if we all did a bit more often perhaps our own fans wouldn’t have to be locked in bars for their own safety after reporting racist chanting. While the person who it was directed at wouldn’t have commented about it either.

If it was a joke it was as well delivered as Steve Harmison opening the bowling at The Ashes and the follow up didn’t clear it up one jot.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
DB
June 5, 2021, 1:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
In 1993 a young 23 year old woman was given the job as a managing director of a football club in receivership. She was the right person for the job and was very good and successful, so I can't see any problems for town and Debbie Cook. I'm sure our new owners know what they are doing and want the best people for the vacant jobs, round pegs in round holes comes to mind as opposed to square pegs in round holes.

The 1993 club was Birmingham and the young woman is now Baroness Karren Brady.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
pizzzza
June 5, 2021, 6:23am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Green27

Where I come from it’s called, calling out being a sharp object if we all did a bit more often perhaps our own fans wouldn’t have to be locked in bars for their own safety after reporting racist chanting. While the person who it was directed at wouldn’t have commented about it either.

If it was a joke it was as well delivered as Steve Harmison opening the bowling at The Ashes and the follow up didn’t clear it up one jot.

The fact is that it is harder to get a joke across by text as opposed to verbal communication, maybe an emoji would have helped? Always better to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Do try to not get your knickers in a twist over these things  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Fishy clapper
June 5, 2021, 7:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Green27

Snowflake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
GollyGTFC
June 5, 2021, 8:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Poojah

In calendar terms at least, we ended the previous century with a late 2-1 defeat away at Man City in the league. Fair to say the 21st has been kinder to one of those sides than the other.

I hate* to be pedantic but the 20th century was officially the 1st January 1901 until the 31st December 2000 and as such we ended that century with a 1-1 draw against Stockport with Wayne Burnett scoring the equaliser after we had trailed at half-time.

Fans failing to understand that the 21st century & new millennium started on 1st January 2001 has been holding the club back for the 20.5 years of this century/millennium.

*hate = love
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 51
KingstonMariner
June 5, 2021, 9:22am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I hate* to be pedantic but the 20th century was officially the 1st January 1901 until the 31st December 2000 and as such we ended that century with a 1-1 draw against Stockport with Wayne Burnett scoring the equaliser after we had trailed at half-time.

Fans failing to understand that the 21st century & new millennium started on 1st January 2001 has been holding the club back for the 20.5 years of this century/millennium.

*hate = love

😂 I LOVE this sort of pedantry too.

The reason Golly is right is that Dionysius Exiguus who invented the AD system of dating didn’t know about zeros, so it started with year 1.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
TownSNAFU5
June 5, 2021, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
I am very pleased to see the appointment of a high-calibre CEO,   And her dedication to the local area. Investing for sustained progress in the long-term.  

I think that her leadership and skills will expose the previous 20 years of Club management for what it was.  

There was a comment above about parts of the ground still existing from the early 20th century.  The  Main Stand nearly made it into the 1800s.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
dapperz fun pub
June 5, 2021, 11:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Good appointment known as being ruthless any deadwood will be removed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New CEO Appointed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.