barralad
May 23, 2021, 5:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,297
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Some fans were looking forward to playing a Kings Lynn.   It looks as if they will be relegated.  

Not sure there is any relegation from the National League. The feeder leagues were scrapped months ago.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
DB
May 23, 2021, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Sorry, looking at the Prem.  no relegation for Kings Lynn.  

Apologies for my comment.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
FishOutOfWater
May 23, 2021, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Poojah
So there we are; a division below Sutton, Harrogate and Barrow. Two divisions below one of Morecambe, Newport or Forest Green. Potentially three divisions below Lincoln. The same division as King’s Lynn, Weymouth and Maidenhead.

Lord above, how did it come to this?*

*Rhetorical question - I know exactly how it came to this.

We all know the answer to that one...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 46
dapperz fun pub
May 23, 2021, 7:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
The post from poojah really makes you think what a almighty intercourse up our once proud club as been turned into … just hope the new guys can turn us around
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
GYinScuntland
May 23, 2021, 11:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Got a cracking pair of rose tinted sun glasses for twenty shillings in Skegness, put them on and we finish mid table above Solihull Moors.
Plenty on here would take that before the season starts by all accounts because we have new owners and in ten years...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Yossarian
May 23, 2021, 11:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,093
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from GYinScuntland
Got a cracking pair of rose tinted sun glasses for twenty shillings in Skegness, put them on and we finish mid table above Solihull Moors.
Plenty on here would take that before the season starts by all accounts because we have new owners and in ten years...

As much as we all female dog and moan (with complete justification) you know we will all be there for Town first game of the season.

The players come and go.... the shirt doesn't change.

I'm personally well up for non-League - I  dont  want to be here, but we are so lets just enjoy those away days.  Did someone say we are the Man Utd of non-league?

As I get older I realise that whether Grimsby play in League 1,2 or National League means very little difference - we will never win the Champions  League - we just want a bit of footy ...a few goals... decent footy.  The Buckley years (late 80s early 90s) were amazing....i  used to drive over from Sheffield to each game...happy as a pig in poo.  When they were in the conference Welling away was a great day out .....  

Not sure what the point of my post is (too much wine) but I'll have a slightly abusive relationship with Grimsby Town so long as they exist

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
GYinScuntland
May 24, 2021, 12:36am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Yossarian

As much as we all female dog and moan (with complete justification) you know we will all be there for Town first game of the season.

The players come and go.... the shirt doesn't change.

I'm personally well up for non-League - I  dont  want to be here, but we are so lets just enjoy those away days.  Did someone say we are the Man Utd of non-league?

As I get older I realise that whether Grimsby play in League 1,2 or National League means very little difference - we will never win the Champions  League - we just want a bit of footy ...a few goals... decent footy.  The Buckley years (late 80s early 90s) were amazing....i  used to drive over from Sheffield to each game...happy as a pig in poo.  When they were in the conference Welling away was a great day out .....  

Not sure what the point of my post is (too much wine) but I'll have a slightly abusive relationship with Grimsby Town so long as they exist

A cracking retort to my post.
Sums up what being GY is and I hope the away days happen, I am actually thinking we'll be saying this same time next year though, really hope to be proved a stupid conspiracy theorist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sutton United F.C

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.