bax
May 8, 2021, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Maybe not then - no one agrees. I wonder why PH has persisted with him - what's he see in him? Does he train well and set a good example to the younger players? He has buckets of goals at Conference level. Can he get 10 goals for us as 4th choice striker on a cheap deal...

He's the best of a bad bunch.

Which shows why we are the worst team in the 92.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
Bigdog
May 8, 2021, 4:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Hendrie
Hewitt
Clifton
Coke
Pollock

Won't get Matete, but try to sign Menayese and also Eastwood on loan for the season, bin the rest..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
Grimal
May 8, 2021, 8:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Hewitt and try to sign Menayese, I'd not want to keep any of the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
Northbank Mariner
May 8, 2021, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Although McKeown is contracted we need better, would like to see if Eastwood would come back?.
Hewitt, Hendrie, Coke offer a new deals to and try to tempt Maneyese to sign.
Green, let him go along with Hanson.
Spokes, juries out, probably let him leave, Jackson junior, trigger his extension and pay up Williams, Rose and Gibson.
Morais is an odd one, do you give him a second chance??.I know I would.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
arryarryarry
May 8, 2021, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
If we start next season with LJL as one of our 1st choice strikers, come the end of next season some on here will be complaining the National League North isn't a viable League
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
nightrider
May 8, 2021, 11:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
One thing is certain - he won't keep Jackson. He must HATE the poor lad  
Mind you, I imagine he won't want to stick around

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
Bigdog
May 9, 2021, 2:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry
If we start next season with LJL as one of our 1st choice strikers, come the end of next season some on here will be complaining the National League North isn't a viable League

I haven't been that impressed with LJL tbh. We need better..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
Bigdog
May 9, 2021, 2:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from nightrider
One thing is certain - he won't keep Jackson. He must HATE the poor lad  
Mind you, I imagine he won't want to stick around

We need all of our players next season to have the same attitude as Jackson Jnr, but have greater ability and nous than the lad has got..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 9, 2021, 11:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +887
Gold Stars: 120
What we have to remember is that Hurst will have a list of players he wants rid of for whatever reason, but then apart from one or two who are contracted for next year, he still has to have any contract offers he makes accepted.

He could only end up with 5 or less players from this season's squad even if he wanted more.

On EFL on Quest tonight they said some teams had already started to release players last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
Theimperialcoroner
May 10, 2021, 12:21am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from arryarryarry

The love in for him does my head in. He’s an athlete not a footballer and certainly not a goal scorer. The may be a place for him if we can’t find better doing what he does,  it I’m pretty sure there is players out there who offer more. Never seen a striker miss so many sitters. If we aspire to go straight up we need much better.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players to keep

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.