May 4, 2021, 3:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Make them go silently.

You win the most spine-chilling comment of the day award.

Your prize is a play-off winning season’s supply of slaked lime.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
dapperz fun pub
May 4, 2021, 3:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from grimps
I’d always stuck up for Fenty until the start of this season .
I posted on here that he seemed to believe that success for us would be finishing 22nd , it became obvious that all he was interested in the last few years was trying to get his money back . If he had any remorse now he’d at least give the trust their shares back

Can I ask why you stuck up for him until this season ? It’s not as though we’d had any success under him in fact it was pretty much disaster after disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
grimps
May 4, 2021, 3:22pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Can I ask why you stuck up for him until this season ? It’s not as though we’d had any success under him in fact it was pretty much disaster after disaster.

I believed the bullshit that he’d saved us from going bust while non league ect .
I started to have doubts once he started taking money out the club each season while we was making profits .
It seemed obvious that the club were making a profit at the expense of success .
A mate of mine who was a scout for Town said while we was in non league that we was always about 100-200k each season short of promotion , the season we got promotion was the season we had the Operation Promotion when we raised the extra needed   , what he had said came true making me think with a bit of ambition and laying down the cash we could have been promoted some time before we were .
Once we was back in the league that seemed like it was job done for Fenty and 22nd each season was enough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
MuddyWaters
May 4, 2021, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimps

I believed the bullshit that he’d saved us from going bust while non league ect .
I started to have doubts once he started taking money out the club each season while we was making profits .
It seemed obvious that the club were making a profit at the expense of success .
A mate of mine who was a scout for Town said while we was in non league that we was always about 100-200k each season short of promotion , the season we got promotion was the season we had the Operation Promotion when we raised the extra needed   , what he had said came true making me think with a bit of ambition and laying down the cash we could have been promoted some time before we were .
Once we was back in the league that seemed like it was job done for Fenty and 22nd each season was enough

Which just shows that the ‘penny rich, pound thick’ mentality cost the club millions of league revenue over the six years in non league. It was done on the cheap, hoping for football fortune. Very sad.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Humbercod
May 4, 2021, 4:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MuddyWaters
'We got it wrong. Sorry.'

That's all it needed. No contrition - but then we didn't expect any, did we?

“We deeply regret that the Club has been relegated from the EFL and unreservedly apologise for our part in that.”

Kind of agree with Penfras in keeping their gobs shut, but then again they’d of been slated for that. Sooner they’re all gone now the better for everyone, hopefully a clean start with a complete new board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
forza ivano
May 4, 2021, 4:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Humbercod

“We deeply regret that the Club has been relegated from the EFL and unreservedly apologise for our part in that.”
..........and to show that we are truly sorry for  all the mistakes we've made we will be returning the 200,000 shares to the Trust'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Humbercod
May 4, 2021, 4:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from forza ivano
..........and to show that we are truly sorry for  all the mistakes we've made we will be returning the 200,000 shares to the Trust'

Dont hold your breath!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
rancido
May 4, 2021, 5:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
The only words I want to hear are " Fenty has just left the building".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
DB
May 4, 2021, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Five simple words (X3 ) that are the truth that won't be spoken

I did it my way

Regrets too few to mention

I did it my way

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 4, 2021, 7:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +886
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from rancido
The only words I want to hear are " Fenty has just left the building".

....along with this little beauty in the Tellywag today

"The club's outgoing chairman Philip Day"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Five simple words

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.