Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long will it take this time to get promoted
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 211 Guests

How long in NL
1 season (41 votes)
24.12%
2 seasons (44 votes)
25.88%
3 seasons (46 votes)
27.06%
4 seasons (11 votes)
6.47%
5 seasons (9 votes)
5.29%
Like last time (9 votes)
5.29%
Never downward spiral (10 votes)
5.88%
170 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

How long will it take this time to get promoted

This thread currently has 7,159 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 1, 2021, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We'll be in the Championship in 5 years won't we Mr Day?

Clown.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
Rodley Mariner
May 1, 2021, 8:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,257
Gold Stars: 178
I pride myself on never learning anything so I am voting 'urine this tinpot league at the first time of asking'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
The Yard Dog
May 1, 2021, 10:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,514
Gold Stars: 74
The National league final round of matches are on the 29th May, then the play-offs start on the 5th June, 12th June semi-finals with the final being played on the 19th June, with 2021/22 season starting on 21st August 2021.
The six teams involved in the play-offs are not going to have as much time to plan for the start of the next season ie retained players, time off, recruiting new players, pre-season matches.

Hurst knows what it takes to get out of the National League, he can start his preparation now, retain list, recruitment and pre-season matches, so that come 21st August we are in the best position possible to start our challenge to go out of the league.

We can do our bit, hopefully this time next week, we be the start of a new era for GTFC, those that said they would not return until JSF left, come back. Lets show the new owners and JSF what GTFC means to the supporters, when run properly, lets start selling season tickets now, lets pass the figures achieved under JSF reign.

We all have been waiting to return to Blundell Park, so come our 1st home game, lets pack out BP and for the remaining home games, with us the fans are the twelve man, the more 12th men the better, lets all get behind GTFC and push for a immediate return to the Football League.

Lets show JSF what he has missed by not being bold and ambitious, what can be acheived when you run a football club properly.

Looking forward to returning to BP soon, lets be positive, lets look forward, we the fans can made all the difference.

Proud to be a Mariner
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
Swansea_Mariner
May 1, 2021, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Where did Stockport get loads of cash from?

I'm inclined to just say it takes as long as it takes. I expect playoffs every season we are down there, but there's so much luck involved in the play offs that it could take a few goes or it could be straight away.

I mean  I think we got hard done by against both Gateshead and Rovers, but then we did get a bit of luck against Braintree. Only really the Newport year was it cut and dry and we were just outplayed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Grimal
May 1, 2021, 11:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

One season as Champions, Prem in another three.

Prem title next then Champions League winners followed by World Club Champions.

Clifton wins the "Ballon d'Or" after vastly improving under Hurst & Doig, Max Wright just misses out.

If only Carl$berg did dreams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
RonMariner
May 1, 2021, 11:42pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,798
Gold Stars: 226
We will have three and a half months to prepare after next Saturday.

That is plenty of time for Hurst and the new owners to drag the back room support and fitness functions up to scratch, bring in new players, get them properly fit and meld them into a unit.

So we should be able to start strongly for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
LH
May 1, 2021, 11:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,567
Gold Stars: 174
If we look at recent history as an example:

In March 2020 we were all plunged into lockdown restrictions that made some of us go a bit doolally and do things we weren’t used to doing like zoom quizzes and home baking to replace social interaction and afternoons in the pub. If we compare that to us in the Conference last time it would be like signing Serge Makofos, Rob Eagles and Dwayne Samuels in the hope that they could become footballers and take us back up.

In January this year we again faced very similar restrictions but we knew that zoom quizzes were just drinking with an iPad and home baking was just needless calories. We know this time what it takes to be promoted from the Conference. I hope that the new ownership can appreciate that building the club in the community might require a win at all costs attitude initially to regain our place in the league.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2021, 11:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from promotion plaice

One season as Champions, Prem in another three.

Prem title next then Champions League winners followed by World Club Champions.

Clifton wins the "Ballon d'Or" after vastly improving under Hurst & Doig, Max Wright just misses out.

Typical Twon. Akseptin  seckand best. Wers ya ambishun?

Intergalactic Zero G Soccerball Champions in 5 seasons. Luis Adlard to smash the winner against Alpha Centuri Rovers in the final.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
Ashby mariner
May 2, 2021, 5:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
There's alot of teams in the league that will be thinking they can get promoted or expect to be at the top. Notts county, Stockport, Wrexham, Southend. No doubt we should have a good chance but I hope people don't turn on Hurst If it takes abit of time. I for one wouldn't mind watching matches that we win more than we lose rather than a constant struggle in this league each season. If and when we do get promoted I just hope we build on that success to push on to be a top end league 2 club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Rick12
May 2, 2021, 7:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Wow, it seems like people still have the same attitude as the last time we went down and think that it'll be a breeze. (30% - 1 season at the time of posting)

Tend to agree. Spoke with someone who played in the conference yesterday and he said it was a tough league to get out of.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How long will it take this time to get promoted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.