Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Implications of dropping into the National League
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Implications of dropping into the National League

This thread currently has 3,631 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 29, 2021, 3:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

We get 100% parachute payments first season and 50% second season but after that I think we are pretty much on our own?

Then there's the academy, how will that be affected and the women's team if at all?

Anyway, let's hope we come straight back up to limit the damage.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
April 29, 2021, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from promotion plaice

We get 100% parachute payments first season and 50% second season but after that I think we are pretty much on our own?

Then there's the academy, how will that be affected and the women's team if at all?

I would not worry too much about that. All other clubs will be in the same boat in the sense they aren't getting Football league income either! We will be luckier than most in having a relatively large fan base, and new owners who are intent on turning our fortunes around. We should be right up there with the few who can attract the best players.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
Les Brechin
April 29, 2021, 4:07pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174

100% of how much though, does anyone know?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Fillipe Noche
April 29, 2021, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103

Yes there are some serious implications.

I’m led to believe that the Academy are fully financed for the best part of two seasons following relegation.

I’m not sure about how it will affect the women’s team, as I don’t know too much about them, apart from that they always seem to be doing brilliantly. So it would be sad if this sets them back.

Then there is the football in the community project too, who I would imagine their finances could be affected too. That could I suppose, impact on the great work that they do working with children throughout the area.

But we’ve got to think positively, especially with the vibes and nioses that Stockwood and Petit are making, in regards to their desire to build a great club with lots of community investment and engagement. So fingers crossed that their investment and support is fruitful for every facet of our club hey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
JMT
April 29, 2021, 4:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
The academy isn't cut for two seasons, i know that at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
promotion plaice
April 29, 2021, 6:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Les Brechin

Found this....

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk.....town-getting-2746045

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 6:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That rings a bell. We missed out on that amount of parachute payment when we went down before. If I remember correctly, Tranmere and whoever went down with them were the first to get £500k in year one and £250k in year two.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
DB
April 29, 2021, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I’m led to believe that the Academy are fully financed for the best part of two seasons following relegation.

I’m not sure about how it will affect the women’s team, as I don’t know too much about them, apart from that they always seem to be doing brilliantly. So it would be sad if this sets them back.

Then there is the football in the community project too, who I would imagine their finances could be affected too. That could I suppose, impact on the great work that they do working with children throughout the area.

But we’ve got to think positively, especially with the vibes and nioses that Stockwood and Petit are making, in regards to their desire to build a great club with lots of community investment and engagement. So fingers crossed that their investment and support is fruitful for every facet of our club hey.

Come, come Fillipe a man with your inside knowledge should be able to tell us more than this. I see this is your first post since the Exeter result so I presume that you will agree that the inevitable was because of underinvestment by your mate John?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
KingstonMariner
April 29, 2021, 7:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

Come, come Fillipe a man with your inside knowledge should be able to tell us more than this. I see this is your first post since the Exeter result so I presume that you will agree that the inevitable was because of underinvestment by your mate John?

Come on DB. You know Phil is not an insider. Neither an employee nor a director of the club. Or are you implying something to do with pillow talk?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 29, 2021, 7:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555

Jane Austen translate bot:

“It is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are the result of previous study?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
DB
April 29, 2021, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Come on DB. You know Phil is not an insider. Neither an employee nor a director of the club. Or are you implying something to do with pillow talk?

I was under the impression from his posts that he had inside information not available to other fans like us, or possibly he is a clairvoyant. Then of course he may have some information from soliciting ( thought that was a person who worked as a solicitor until I googled it) but realised from his spelling error 'nioses' instead of noises that only intelligent people work at a solicitors practice.

So the reality is that nobody seems to know where Fillipe got his accurate info from, or if he will obtain accurate information in the future, but pillow talk may be an answer!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
GollyGTFC
April 29, 2021, 8:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Les Brechin

100% of the EFL TV money (£500k approx), but nothing of the PL Solidarity Payments (£500k approx).

So we're half a million down 1st season, £750k down the 2nd season and £1m down every subsequent season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 17
moosey_club
April 29, 2021, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Just get the exercise book accounts out of JF's bottom drawer from last time....will pretty much be the same effect.

More importantly , we , the fans know what is coming as does Hurst , it isnt going to be a case of just turn up and collect the points off Dog and Duck Fc ...as a large proportion thought last time out. We should all be better prepared.

The other saving grace , hopefully, is that we will have new owners by then and the club will hopefully be buzzing with fresh ideas and fresh optimism.

It isnt to be feared but we have to be respectful.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
Fillipe Noche
April 29, 2021, 10:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from DB

I’ve made my feelings clear on this on more than one occasion

Whilst I hoped and prayed for survival, I was resigned to the fact we would go down long before the Exeter game. The damage done by Ian Holloway was insurmountable, but Hurst made a cracking fist of it. The management change came a month too late in my opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
horsforthmariner
April 29, 2021, 11:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 9

I’ve made my feelings clear on this on more than one occasion

Whilst I hoped and prayed for survival, I was resigned to the fact we would go down long before the Exeter game. The damage done by Ian Holloway was insurmountable, but Hurst made a cracking fist of it. The management change came a month too late in my opinion

And the owner change 17 years too late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
rancido
April 29, 2021, 11:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from DB

I was under the impression from his posts that he had inside information not available to other fans like us, or possibly he is a clairvoyant. Then of course he may have some information from soliciting ( thought that was a person who worked as a solicitor until I googled it) but realised from his spelling error 'nioses' instead of noises that only intelligent people work at a solicitors practice.

So the reality is that nobody seems to know where Fillipe got his accurate info from, or if he will obtain accurate information in the future, but pillow talk may be an answer!

I'm confused now! Is his name Phillipe Noche or Clair Voyant?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
DB
April 30, 2021, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I did ask if 'you will agree that the inevitable was because of underinvestment by your mate John?'
You answered 'The damage done by Ian Holloway was insurmountable'.

It was your mate John who not only employed Holloway but gave him a seat on the board. What's more Fenty never fired Holloway, so surely your mate John was responsible for employing a man who caused insurmountable damage to the club and then not dismissing him.

Are you now willing to concede that the downfall of the club into the abyss of the NL is entirely down to his fault?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
KingstonMariner
April 30, 2021, 9:47pm
Meths Drinker
There’s no arguing with them DB. They won’t accept logical arguments like that. I bet they’d change their tune if he lost all his money though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Implications of dropping into the National League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.