Lincoln Mariner 56
April 28, 2021, 9:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 123614

He should not of palmed the ball over the bar in the first place to give them a sloppy corner.  That was a ball a Sunday League keeper would have caught in his hands.

Doesn’t change the fact that it was a blatant foul and the goal should have been disallowed. The quality of the referees in League 2 is abysmal and we now return to the Conference where the officials were pretty dire last time round so god knows what the standards are like now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Croxton
April 28, 2021, 9:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Yes, he was clearly fouled but his shakiness on crosses is well known to opposition coaches and his 'solution' seems to have been to punch with two fists or tip over the bar. Sober reflection on the whole season must conclude that we need more consistency and command of the penalty area. Macca was badly served by Olly's playing out strategy and credit to him for his improved form since Hurst returned.
Sentiment will play some part and the club should try to retain his services in some capacity but not as first choice keeper or captain. Thanks for all the worldy saves Macca but the club must develop in all areas if we are to return to L2 sooner rather than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
April 28, 2021, 2:52pm
Guest User
What a bloody hero, I hope he's here next season. Will be head and shoulders above the other keepers in that league. Great start to our defence. WE ARE ALL TOWN. UTM.
Reply: 22 - 35
realist
April 28, 2021, 4:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Load of balderdash. His poor performances early on are part of the reason we are being relegated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Mariner Ronnie
April 28, 2021, 5:29pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from realist
Load of balderdash. His poor performances early on are part of the reason we are being relegated

Which he says in his interview, so it’s not a load of balderdash, hence why he’s apologising.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
TAGG
April 28, 2021, 6:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from realist

Well he did stand out among all those great players we had at the time.
He was full of confidence playing the ball out from the back as instructed by Holy Holloway  

Hes been a great servant to the club and is Town through and through.
Hope he's still here next season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
RonMariner
April 28, 2021, 6:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from EY Mariner
I would like certain individuals to be sat down and made to listen to that interview. Then, and only then, might they understand just what they have done.

I'm sure many of you were at Burton in 2010, as I was. My overwhelming emotions that day were of sadness. Tonight is different. Tonight I feel nothing but anger.

I'm not angry about tonight, because I'd been expecting this moment for weeks. I'm angry about five wasted years since we regained league status. Five years of treading water, as if we'd learnt nothing from our previous experience. And now we have to do it all over again.

Next week's meeting at least offers the possibility of brighter days to come. But we must never, EVER forget why we are where we are tonight. I won't forget and I won't forgive those who are to blame.

Well said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
DB
April 29, 2021, 2:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
There are 10 men in front of the keeper whose job it is to stop the opposition from getting a shot in. If the opposition score, it is always the keeper's fault.

In the case of Macca, it doesn't matter to somehow he stops the opposition from scoring it is always the wrong way. Catch = should have punched, punched = should catch, etc...

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
aldi_01
April 29, 2021, 5:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Macca has been easy fodder for a while, not sure why but that’s been the case.

He made mistakes, costly ones but I addresses that. It’s also now very apparent that under that flipping charlatan holloway the players were made to play a way that they couldn’t and didn’t feel comfortable to...the straw chewing nincompoop just kept trying anyway even though it was costing us valuable points.

I think Macca was honest and genuine in that interview, can’t ask for much more...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2021, 6:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from aldi_01
Macca has been easy fodder for a while, not sure why but that’s been the case.

He made mistakes, costly ones but I addresses that. It’s also now very apparent that under that flipping charlatan holloway the players were made to play a way that they couldn’t and didn’t feel comfortable to...the straw chewing nincompoop just kept trying anyway even though it was costing us valuable points.

I think Macca was honest and genuine in that interview, can’t ask for much more...

If you keep making mistakes you will become easy fodder, the club needs better someone who can dominate the box distribute the ball accurately. I don’t think he’s a bad keeper just think it’s time for a change ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.