Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now just go.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

Now just go.

This thread currently has 4,864 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 27, 2021, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
You’ve screwed our football club in pursuit of your own vanity.

If you have a scrap of decency, leave 2.5 million quid in your desk on your way out.
Private Message
bawarmy
April 27, 2021, 9:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Has he ever put money into the club? I know there’s the loans that he will get back, (and more) but what about putting money in without asking for anything back? Even paying for a ticket or a meal at the club like the fans.
He should be ashamed of being the worst chairman in football league history. There’s some bad ones but not with his record of relegations.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
moosey_club
April 27, 2021, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
I am certain there will be a parting statement pushing blame towards the consortium for not completing earlier and how much he has personally suffered abuse whilst delivering such successes as Wembley visits, a promotion from non league and keeping the club afloat during Covid, installing a lady ref sink and generally being a great custodian.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
KingstonMariner
April 27, 2021, 9:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
I am certain there will be a parting statement pushing blame towards the consortium for not completing earlier and how much he has personally suffered abuse whilst delivering such successes as Wembley visits, a promotion from non league and keeping the club afloat during Covid, installing a lady ref sink and generally being a great custodian.

I fear you are right. The man is a weasel.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
MuddyWaters
April 27, 2021, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Can I personally thank the Fenty appeasers and acolytes for so many red crosses down the years. The fact that you can condone 17 years of failure says an awful lot.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 27, 2021, 9:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can I personally thank the Fenty appeasers and acolytes for so many red crosses down the years. The fact that you can condone 17 years of failure says an awful lot.

Plenty of those on the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
grimsbybrown
April 27, 2021, 9:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from moosey_club

I fear you are right, at least this is much more likely than any expression of humility, admission of mistakes, apology or self reflection.

In recent weeks I’ve been saying if it was a choice I’d take relegation and being rid of Fenty over staying up and him remaining at the club.  Of course, that was never a real life option - just a thought experiment.   But considering just how much this hurts tonight I’d still make that choice.

The fact so many have been saying similar things tells you just how desperate, broken, moribund and inept JSF’s tenure has been.

I would never wish anyone ill, but, dear John, good riddance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Nelly GTFC
April 27, 2021, 10:50pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,752
Gold Stars: 31
When do we officially find out if he's actually making a profit out of this with the 200K of Trust >> Mike Parker shares, he was given with the Hearngate saga?

I've never really had a bad word to say about John Fenty ever really and whenever I've seen him he's come across kind, polite and respectful, but, if this happens, I know hate is a powerful and extreme word, but, I will HATE this man then, not that it matters.  I really hope he does the right thing and donates them either back to the trust, or even Mike Parker with no profit made, he would at least leave the building with some bit of genuine respect.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
aldi_01
April 27, 2021, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
When do we officially find out if he's actually making a profit out of this with the 200K of Trust >> Mike Parker shares, he was given with the Hearngate saga?

I've never really had a bad word to say about John Fenty ever really and whenever I've seen him he's come across kind, polite and respectful, but, if this happens, I know hate is a powerful and extreme word, but, I will HATE this man then, not that it matters.  I really hope he does the right thing and donates them either back to the trust, or even Mike Parker with no profit made, he would at least leave the building with some bit of genuine respect.

I’d prepare that hate...it’s coming...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
NorthLondonMariner
April 28, 2021, 1:29pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
I used to work for Fenty at 5 star fish when I left school at 16 in the 90s. Got paid a measly £1.80 an hour and was made to work on a bandsaw (completely illegal for a 16 year old). The guy working with me at the time kept suggesting I should chop the top of a finger off on the bandsaw, then sue Fenty for a excrement load of ££££. At the time I was more in favor of keeping my fingers. In hindsight, I wish I had done it and took that sharp object to the cleaners.

Good riddance John. Shut the door on your way out.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now just go.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.