Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 223 Guests

who will be in the team in 6 months time?

This thread currently has 15,817 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
April 23, 2021, 10:30am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
Hurst has relied on about 15-20 players over the last couple of months
i'd guess Macca, the Shop, Clifton & Habergham in the team (& Coke possibly)
Spokes, Khouri and Jackson in the squad

and that's about it

(am presuming Hewitt, Eastwood, Matete, Menayese & Hendrie will remain in the FL)

No Wight then.
Reply: 70 - 97
ginnywings
April 23, 2021, 11:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
In Hursts pre match he said that Gibson was not in his plans for this season and when asked about whether he would be next season, Hurst said he wouldn't discuss that, but his manner said no chance. I assume Gibson is a goner, along with Sissay, so two of the "promising" strikers we signed will be gone. Don't know about Jackson as he has something about him and can play wide as well as central. Given his brief appearances, he probably has the best goals to minutes ratio at the club.

Hurst also said he had talked to couple of players but won't at this stage say who they were or what the gist of the conversations were. I imagine a good few have already been told to start looking elsewhere.

There was also talk of the state of the training facilities and the fact that PH had attended an under 14 game somewhere recently and they had a better pitch than we did. No wonder the club is on it's ar$e.

There was talk too of anger among the staff at BP as to how we have ended up in this position. There were plenty of veiled digs in his interviews. This relegation was inevitable by the sound of it and blaming Hurst is just a case of shooting the messenger in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 97
Hagrid
April 23, 2021, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,490
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from ginnywings
In Hursts pre match he said that Gibson was not in his plans for this season and when asked about whether he would be next season, Hurst said he wouldn't discuss that, but his manner said no chance. I assume Gibson is a goner, along with Sissay, so two of the "promising" strikers we signed will be gone. Don't know about Jackson as he has something about him and can play wide as well as central. Given his brief appearances, he probably has the best goals to minutes ratio at the club.

Hurst also said he had talked to couple of players but won't at this stage say who they were or what the gist of the conversations were. I imagine a good few have already been told to start looking elsewhere.

There was also talk of the state of the training facilities and the fact that PH had attended an under 14 game somewhere recently and they had a better pitch than we did. No wonder the club is on it's ar$e.

There was talk too of anger among the staff at BP as to how we have ended up in this position. There were plenty of veiled digs in his interviews. This relegation was inevitable by the sound of it and blaming Hurst is just a case of shooting the messenger in my opinion.

Was this the Ifollow one Ginny?

I listened to his one with Matt Dean, and whilst remaining professional throughout, you can tell he is seething, wants to say so much more, and a slight dig at Holloway i felt too, PH said about people can look good from the outside, but ultimately they are just good actors- I think the clubs in a worse state, or were in a worse state, that maybe we've even realised
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 97
DB
April 23, 2021, 12:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Hagrid

Was this the Ifollow one Ginny?

I listened to his one with Matt Dean, and whilst remaining professional throughout, you can tell he is seething, wants to say so much more, and a slight dig at Holloway i felt too, PH said about people can look good from the outside, but ultimately they are just good actors- I think the clubs in a worse state, or were in a worse state, that maybe we've even realised

From what's been posted on various threads about the last 17 years It's easy to assume that the club has been run as a dictatorship. This being the case it hard to compare the Fenty years with what the future holds.

The total lack of investment is easy for us to see, but what we don't know is how the non-football staff have been treat. Has any motivation, enthusiasm optimism they have had been quoshed by Fenty, how have their salaries/wages been affected by him?

We know how good players were offered worse contracts than their previous ones, and there has been criticism of Hurst in the transfer market now and in the last time we were in the NL. What we don't know is if Fenty stopped Hursts targets coming or just vetoed them.

We are starting a new beginning and the only sure thing we know is that 1878 wants Hurst. In Hursts judgement they trust and so must we. Let's hope nobody is pulling any strings in the background and Hurst is allowed a free hand to get the club back into L2.

Also let's not forget the non-football staff and hope that they will get the recognition they deserve.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 97
monkeyboy
April 27, 2021, 1:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I think its silly to think we can pay off so many players. i expect Scannel etc to stay.
Scannel should be a great player at that level.

Think he will let the ones out of contract go and fill there places with some better quality(not hard in greens case).
The young ones like jackson will stay but gibson probably not.

hope spokes does get an offer as he has some potential, probably more than clifton had at a similar stage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 97
promotion plaice
April 27, 2021, 11:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

'who will be in the team in 6 months time?'

Now we are relegated the gloves are off for Hurst.

I'm expecting a mass clear out now asap so Hurst can get a head start on the teams competing at the top of the National League that still don't know where they will be next season.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 97
arryarryarry
April 27, 2021, 11:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from monkeyboy
I think its silly to think we can pay off so many players. i expect Scannel etc to stay.
Scannel should be a great player at that level.

Think he will let the ones out of contract go and fill there places with some better quality(not hard in greens case).
The young ones like jackson will stay but gibson probably not.

hope spokes does get an offer as he has some potential, probably more than clifton had at a similar stage.

If he played like he couldn't be arsed in some games in the EFL what's he going to play like at the likes of King's Lynn, Woking etc?
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 97
jamesgtfc
April 28, 2021, 12:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I would sooner sacrifice some of next seasons budget to have a clear out of all the dead wood.

Team spirit is important and dead wood hanging around the place won't help with that. Get them gone and put together a team that will run through brick walls for the shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 97
Madeleymariner
April 28, 2021, 12:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Will have Macca, Clifton, Watershed, Pollock, Habergham, LJL, Coke, Khouri, Spokes. Jackson Jnr
Will also try to sign/resign Hendrie, Hewitt, Menayese.
No hope of Matete coming I would of thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 97
arryarryarry
April 28, 2021, 1:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Will have Macca, Clifton, Watershed, Pollock, Habergham, LJL, Coke, Khouri, Spokes. Jackson Jnr
Will also try to sign/resign Hendrie, Hewitt, Menayese.
No hope of Matete coming I would of thought.

I thought Coke was only signed till the end of the season, at least when PH was asked about him that seemed the response.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › who will be in the team in 6 months time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.