Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calls for banning members.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 218 Guests

Calls for banning members.

This thread currently has 6,426 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 8, 2021, 1:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
If you don't want to see someone's posts go to the "User Message Block" area on your Member Centre then you don't have to, but those who do still can.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 42
HertsGTFC
April 8, 2021, 1:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
This is a forum at the end of the day and in the scheme of things people should be able allowed to speak freely but without offence to others.

It’s a message board an not the UN.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
devs
April 8, 2021, 1:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Freedom of speech has become muddied in past few years - largely by extremes on both right and left of politics
Social media has also given the bigots, idiots and uneducated/uninformed a platform to express their bigoted, idiotic and uneducated/uninformed thoughts and opinions

However, anyone has the right to express an opinion (honestly held) as long as it doesn't break rules/laws surrounding racism/sexism/homophobia etc

Problem is many thousands of social media commentators (and publications like the Daily Mail) are incapable of divorcing the two

Sadly, the genie is out of the bottle...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
Humbercod
April 8, 2021, 2:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GrimRob
If you don't want to see someone's posts go to the "User Message Block" area on your Member Centre then you don't have to, but those who do still can.

This just sums up the snowflake world we live in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
mimma
April 8, 2021, 2:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
' I disagree with every word you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it"

This should be pinned to the top of this forum.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 8, 2021, 3:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Technically Mr Noche’s post last night did use phrases that have been ‘banned’ by most media outlets as racially divisive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
golfer
April 8, 2021, 3:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Hagrid
i dont like Kris2, but i'd not say ban him, public form, folk can post what they like long as it doesnt cross an abusive line

remember a bloke called Fat Cobra, got himself banned off here

Hagrid - Please enlighten me on what Fat Cobra said to get him banned. Would he have been banned today ? I understand you had one or two spats with him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Dan
April 8, 2021, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Actually Rob runs this forum at his discretion. No one has a ‘right’ to freedom of speech here. He can set whatever rules he wants as long as they’re not discriminatory. He doesn’t, but you have no rights here anymore than you would have if the local pub decided to bar you because you’re a knob.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 8, 2021, 3:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Dan
Actually Rob runs this forum at his discretion. No one has a ‘right’ to freedom of speech here. He can set whatever rules he wants as long as they’re not discriminatory. He doesn’t, but you have no rights here anymore than you would have if the local pub decided to bar you because you’re a knob.

Do we have to wear a mask?

It's all getting very confusing. Shouldn't there be a poster called Karen screaming about freedom of speech, wearing masks and their 1st amendment rights?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
ska face
April 8, 2021, 4:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
I agree, banning members is completely beyond the pale. The right thing to do is threaten legal action against those you don’t like, tell Rob to pull entire threads and invite those who disagree with you in for a ‘cosy chat’.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calls for banning members.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.