Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (from making the tea)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 273 Guests

Just back (from making the tea)

This thread currently has 3,695 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TAGG
April 2, 2021, 6:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Despite playing against 12 men I thought we were very good today.
Best I've seen us this season.
Clifton mom for me.
Everyone gave all they had and that's all you can ask.
Wish LJL could score because he gets himself into some great positions.

Go again Monday, get a win and try to forget about that twit in the middle.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Actually thought we were definitely the better team today, Salford in all honesty were pretty p!ss poor.
Really enjoy watching Coke, controlled and calm and apart from 1 stray pass was my MOM today.
Payne isn't offering much imo and thought Habergham gave more balance to the defence, not knocking Clifton because I think he's filled that role superbly.
Just disappointed Lenny hasn't improved on his ability to finish, bullies the hell out of defenders and brings play further up the pitch.
All in all, owe did well against 12 men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
arryarryarry
April 2, 2021, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TAGG
Despite playing against 12 men I thought we were very good today.
Best I've seen us this season.
Clifton mom for me.
Everyone gave all they had and that's all you can ask.
Wish LJL could score because he gets himself into some great positions.

Go again Monday, get a win and try to forget about that twit in the middle.

He scored a very good goal, but sadly another player caught in La La Land ball watching and not picking up their number 3 overlapping.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
moosey_club
April 2, 2021, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from arryarryarry

He scored a very good goal, but sadly another player caught in La La Land ball watching and not picking up their number 3 overlapping.

I would have to watch it back but i think he was caught out moving forward to support the attack that broke down on the other side of the pitch but couldnt get back in time.
Whether or not he should have been looking to attack at that point of the game is a different discussion.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
forza ivano
April 2, 2021, 7:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
agree arry, croft and tondeur were sat that side where hendrie and clifton were operating , and were warning about the left back for at least 15 minutes before it happened.

Think they scored with their only chance of the game (and i think we've said that more than once this year)
matete motm for me , but they all put  a real shift in , including payne who's not fit and is playing out of position.just hope we can retain hewitt and menayese because they are solid as a rock at the back, and both have a bit of footballing ability
thought harbegham looked solid when he came on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
arryarryarry
April 2, 2021, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

I would have to watch it back but i think he was caught out moving forward to support the attack that broke down on the other side of the pitch but couldnt get back in time.
Whether or not he should have been looking to attack at that point of the game is a different discussion.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12264116/salford-1-1-grimsby
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
arryarryarry
April 2, 2021, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
agree arry, croft and tondeur were sat that side where hendrie and clifton were operating , and were warning about the left back for at least 15 minutes before it happened.

Think they scored with their only chance of the game (and i think we've said that more than once this year)
matete motm for me , but they all put  a real shift in , including payne who's not fit and is playing out of position.just hope we can retain hewitt and menayese because they are solid as a rock at the back, and both have a bit of footballing ability
thought harbegham looked solid when he came on

They had a very good shot that just went passed the post and a great save from Macca from a header at the far post.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
LondonMariner43
April 2, 2021, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,977
Gold Stars: 64
It’s no coincidence that we’ve improved with the Shop up front.  He hassles the defence and the ball stays up top for longer.  As has been said many times, if he was an amazing finisher he’d be playing higher up the pyramid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Rob_in_Grimsby
April 2, 2021, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
I know the shop is everyone’s whipping boy but what has Hanson, Payne and Green done that’s better. Payne for me is as bad a Green and offers nothing.

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
April 2, 2021, 8:41pm
Guest User
Matete was my MoM once again, but he is walking a tightrope with some of his challenges, and the way he gets into opposition faces inevitably forcing confrontations.  If he manages the rest of the season without getting a red card, I will be very surprised, but happy!
Reply: 9 - 14
TAGG
April 2, 2021, 8:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
I know the shop is everyone’s whipping boy but what has Hanson, Payne and Green done that’s better. Payne for me is as bad a Green and offers nothing.

I don't think he's the whipping boy.
As most(including me) have said on here, he gives his all for the shirt, gets into some fantastic positions but he's just not good at sticking the ball in the onion bag and that has cost us points.
Don't think people are slaging him off as such.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
HarrogateMariner
April 2, 2021, 9:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
For me, overall our best performance for a long time. So unlucky not to win,  but if you don't take your chances you pay for it. I think if it goes 2-0 it's game over.  I thought it was Coke's best game in a town shirt, especially first half. Defence again very good.  A big problem is the fitness of the new players, but it's an obvious problem with signing free transfers in January. They just are not up to speed, even when you consider our own shambles of a pre season. A fully fit Habergham, Coke, Lamy, Payne could have made a big difference to the half fit versions we have.

Still, if the referee was any good we probably would have won. But the whole Salford/ referee situation makes me so mad I am not going to get into it,  or I will be typing for ages....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2021, 9:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Clearly the players don’t want to go down without a fight and to a man they gave it a good go and where the better side for most If not all of the game.

I’m terms of MOM etc..Clifton for me as he’s working really bloody hard to adapt his game to try and help the team and it was good to see him moving forward to score, he might have had a 2nd if not for rank stupidity from the ref.

Some criticism of Lenny which I get but at least we’re creating chances now. Payne is an interesting one, I thought he did ok today but clearly needs more miles in the tank still, what I did notice though is apart from his stupidly in clapping the ref he brings an admirable level of sh1t housery to the team slowing things down for the opposite side when he can, something that’s been missing for a bit.

Still felt like a defeat though.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
forza ivano
April 2, 2021, 11:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Clearly the players don’t want to go down without a fight and to a man they gave it a good go and where the better side for most If not all of the game.

I’m terms of MOM etc..Clifton for me as he’s working really bloody hard to adapt his game to try and help the team and it was good to see him moving forward to score, he might have had a 2nd if not for rank stupidity from the ref.

Some criticism of Lenny which I get but at least we’re creating chances now. Payne is an interesting one, I thought he did ok today but clearly needs more miles in the tank still, what I did notice though is apart from his stupidly in clapping the ref he brings an admirable level of sh1t housery to the team slowing things down for the opposite side when he can, something that’s been missing for a bit.

Still felt like a defeat though.

good summing up.payne is a strange one. my mate ,who's played at a far higher level than 1, thinks he's a lazy showboater, but imho there is summat about him. What's frustrated/worried me is that hurst, who apparently he likes, hasn't got a tune out of him. i just get the feeling that if hurst can motivate him, get him fit and in the right position he would be a nightmare/dream at national league level
UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
RonMariner
April 3, 2021, 12:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Is Pollock still our top scorer with 4?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (from making the tea)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.