arryarryarry
April 2, 2021, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
As one of the few that didn't want him can I give him some credit.
7 undefeated and he's having a go at being more attack minded.
Still needs to work on his substitutions but I honestly believe if he'd have been in charge 1 month earlier we'd be out the relegation zone now.
Has to be given next year to try n get us back up, but not 6 years, not again.

Like I mentioned in another thread, going undefeated doesn't mean much if you can't win games and the teams around you are getting similar points to us.

As for being attacked minded the three forwards today weren't up to much, Payne was dreadful, Hanson won plenty of headers but they didn't come to much and LJL failed with 3 good chances.

Our main reason for not closing the gap is our abject failure to put away teams around us (apart from Barrow) and those on poor runs like Salford, Walsall, Colchester, Carlisle, Leyton Orient.

Hurst's record now is 15 games 12 points with a points tally of 0.8 a game as well as only scoring more than one goal in two of those games.

We need wins not draws if we are to escape the drop.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
buckstown
April 2, 2021, 6:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,209
Gold Stars: 79
We also have to bear in mind PH put this squad together very quickly from a limited pool of players. Not exactly blind panic but approaching it, so I think he's done ok to get us this close. Hanging on against Carlisle and Salford today would have been massive of course
Net season will depend on who's in charge and how the club is run
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
fishcake63
April 2, 2021, 6:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
You need an impact as soon as you take over unfortunatly it's took too long coupled with too many draws , for what it's worth i'd give him nxt yr to get us back up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2021, 6:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Don’t forget what he walked in to, the squad was massive in terms of numbers and completely unsuitable for a league 2 campaign.

Add to that at least one of them didn’t  want to be here and they probably didn’t know their @rse hole from their ear holes after being exposed to that nut job Holloway it was always going to be a big job.

I firmly believe he brought in who he could and players he trusted to add the right attitude.

Regardless of which league where in next season we’ll be much better for sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 6:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I think if when we go down he should go.

Bringing in LJL has proven a poor choice i like him but he cannot score and misses sitters his other players have been poor.

Struggles to close out a game nearly every time and cannot score more than 1 goal.

So for me a fresh start and a new board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2021, 7:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
We could and probably should have had 8-10 points more out of the last seven games even with a catalogue of injuries. Anyone suggesting PH doesn’t deserve the job needs their bumps felt. We’re harder to beat and starting to score in most games. Maybe it’s too late, hopefully not.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
Fillipe Noche
April 2, 2021, 7:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Jason Stockwood likes Hursty and he will be here next season under Stockwood and Petit

So tell me guys, given that managerial appointments had always been high up on the criticism charts for John Fenty. Does this make Stockwood and Petit bad custodians straight away, if they don’t bring in a new manager and get rid of Hurst?

You can’t have it both ways. You cannot pick and choose how you pillory John but judge the newcomers differently for the same decisions. Not to mention the fact that the consortium were instrumental in Paul Hursts appointment

Asking for a friend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
moosey_club
April 2, 2021, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
More organised.. more settled ...not sure which comes first but he has achieved that.
Players working hard as a group and seem to be running for each other.
Matete, Coke, Menayese have solidified the spine.....its a shame he hasnt quite found the solution up front to win us the games that he is managing to keep us in.

Payne playing out wide doesnt really bring alot for me and LJL just doesnt have the quality.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 7:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Jason Stockwood likes Hursty and he will be here next season under Stockwood and Petit

So tell me guys, given that managerial appointments had always been high up on the criticism charts for John Fenty. Does this make Stockwood and Petit bad custodians straight away, if they don’t bring in a new manager and get rid of Hurst?

You can’t have it both ways. You cannot pick and choose how you pillory John but judge the newcomers differently for the same decisions. Not to mention the fact that the consortium were instrumental in Paul Hursts appointment

Asking for a friend

Oh do bore off!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
MuddyWaters
April 2, 2021, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Asking for a friend

Asking for a friend? Not sure he counts.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.