2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
April 2, 2021, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
We cannot close a game out suiting back no players to hit teams on the break.

I hate to say it Lewis cannot play again has to be another he’s costing us to many points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishcake63
April 2, 2021, 5:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Thought he was brilliant but ultimatly it's about sticking it in net especially when we give cheap goals away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
GollyGTFC
April 2, 2021, 5:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Payne was out on his feet 5 minutes before Hurst finally replaced him. And Lamy could hardly walk and Hurst delayed taking him otf. And that’s where the ball was lost for the equaliser.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 10
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2021, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
Lenny couldn't hit a cows ar&e with a banjo off the deck, but he does battle and hold ms the ball up well, think playing Payne out wide isn't right, but it's the only way to get Hanson on the park.
Maybe time to give Hanson/Payne or Lenny/Payne as a front pairing a go
As sad as it is, Lenny's lack of ability to finish has cost us 3 wins in these last 7 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
grimsby pete
April 2, 2021, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
We down in our minds then they give us hope only to be let down again in the last few minutes .

Those two points we keep dropping would put us in a better position to avoid the drop.

We can not afford to do it again we have to finish games off.

Anybody is beatable in this league so not giving up all hope just yet.

BUT

It's not looking good with only 8 games left to get at least 4 wins 2 draws.

You never know we might go and win six on the trot.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2021, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Payne was out on his feet 5 minutes before Hurst finally replaced him. And Lamy could hardly walk and Hurst delayed taking him otf. And that’s where the ball was lost for the equaliser.

You could also say why didn’t Hurst bring on an extra midfielder or why was Green offside when Lenny wanted to give him the ball but had to give it to Lamy instead.

My only criticism about today is that we didn’t pick the goal scorer up earlier as he’d been hovering in that position for a while before they scored, maybe the bench didn’t see it or if they did a player didn’t do their job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
sonofmadeleymariner
April 2, 2021, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

why was Green offside when Lenny wanted to give him the ball but had to give it to Lamy instead.

I can answer this one, because Green only does two things when on the pitch, be offside or foul the opposition

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
livosnose
April 2, 2021, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15

I can answer this one, because Green only does two things when on the pitch, be offside or foul the opposition

Green is an appalling footballer who scored one good goal. It’s amazing how bad his decision making is.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
hampshiremariner
April 2, 2021, 5:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Perhaps I am changing my mind about relegation. This league is all over the place and some of the results are eye-popping. Colchester getting a draw against Bolton away?

In normal times we might say 1-1 is OK away at Salford but the missed chance are costing us. The team seems a bit more stable and there is some consistency- ie we're not losing.

What Pete has said above is right. I have a little bit more hope. Perhaps it's because the sun is out and I'm suffering from sunstroke.

It really is a challenging experience supporting GTFC. But if anyone saw Notts v Wrexham at lunch time, that is what we have in store. It was absolutely awful. If you sink into that League you also sink to the level they play at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
fishcake63
April 2, 2021, 6:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
green put a brilliant ball  in at the end that should have been finished off giving us all 3 points , some fans are unreal he was on 5 mins put one on a plate what more can he do , ex gimp but the stick he gets unjustified
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
livosnose
April 2, 2021, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,176
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from fishcake63
green put a brilliant ball  in at the end that should have been finished off giving us all 3 points , some fans are unreal he was on 5 mins put one on a plate what more can he do , ex gimp but the stick he gets unjustified

He is dreadful. Scunny away , bad decision making . Today he could have actually shot. His second touch is normally a foul.  In two years he’s scored 3 great goals and one cracking assist Walsall away. Pound for pound the worst  signing since we’ve been back in the league.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We cannot close a game out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.