Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 134 Guests

The deal

This thread currently has 44,163 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Iknowyoursecret
April 7, 2021, 3:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

I understand all of those words, but putting them in that order doesn't make any sense whatsoever

In easy terms for you,the person that is telling people information about the takeover at the moment  is also the person who told press that  Mr May was due at blundell  park in December.And both boards aren’t stupid they will realise who it is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 254
forza ivano
April 7, 2021, 3:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pen penfras

Nobody with any knowledge has actually said that they do want to though. Shutes pulled out and lots of excrement was thrown at the wall and this is the bit that stuck. There's a few that have been making excrement up for weeks trying to claim some inside knowledge.

'making excrement up' eh? that's after you accused me of lying last week

well,those of us who who said a week or 2 ago that it was due to be signed off during that Easter week weren't lying at all were we? Because your chum JSF in his latest statement confirmed it by saying that he was due to sign off on the deal last Wednesday/Thursday before Shutes blind sided everybody

As for the 200,000 Trust shares, you still haven't told us what your mate is going to do with them. Since the honourable ,decent thing to do would be hand them back to the Trust or Mike Parker i think we can safely assume that's the very last thing he'd do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 254
louth_in_the_south
April 7, 2021, 3:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,734
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret

In easy terms for you,the person that is telling people information about the takeover at the moment  is also the person who told press that  Mr May was due at blundell  park in December.And both boards aren’t stupid they will realise who it is

That actually makes far more sense than your previous post .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 254
RichMariner
April 7, 2021, 3:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 217
Ultimately you have to think of it along these lines: who has more to lose?

This is Fenty's one and only opportunity to get his millions back. If JS and AP walk away, well, as we've seen on this thread alone, many will turn their back on the club, revenue will dip, league funding will be practically zero.

That's Fenty's opportunity gone.

His tenure has passed the point of no return. Fans are now expecting him to go. If he remains, it'll be worse than it was already. Lower gates, etc.

JS and AP have next to nothing to lose. They can pull out tomorrow. It seems to be coming down to how much they genuinely love the club. If they love it as much as the next fan, they'll do whatever they can to get this takeover over the line — even if it means giving Fenty a massive wedge of undeserved cash (and so Fenty holds the upper hand).

As for the reasons why Shutes walked, I have no inside knowledge but I suspect it may be to do with Fenty wanting to remain involved in some way over any new stadium.

Fenty, ultimately, only cares about £££. That's his language. The consortium talk in a different language, which is why this has been so difficult to get over the line.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 153 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 7, 2021, 3:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from smokey111

It was wrong of me to say lazy. However, I don't envisage such a spiral.

That’s fair enough. 👍

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 254
DB
April 7, 2021, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.33
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,069
Gold Stars: 391
The end of the consortium statement said:-

'Jason added “Like Philip, we are terribly disappointed by Tom’s decision. We are hopeful however that a solution can be found and will continue our discussions with the Club”.

There will be no further statement from either party until there is something of substance to report to shareholders.'

So there is a problem, otherwise, a solution would not be needed. Whatever the problem is, is it the reason Shutes walked? Will Stockwood and Pettit be able to find a solution to this problem?

So we can only speculate as Day said there would be no further statement until there is something of substance, and again we have to speculate what is 'substance'.

Fenty's pity me message told us nothing about what the problem is and what type of solution is needed.

What we do know is that the EFL approved the deal, so the problem wasn't finance or suitability of the consortium. Due diligence had been done for the deal to get to the EFL stage. All that was needed was signatures and this is when a problem must have occurred to need a solution.

I cannot see the consortium changing things at the last minute, after all, they had got this far and wanted to move on. Fenty had to be the stumbling block and must have wanted to change the contract at the last minute, probably hoping to bulldoze his wishes through at the last minute.

Fenty is the problem and a solution is needed to get rid of him. I am not a shareholder but Day did say that he would only report to shareholders. Perhaps some shareholders on here could ask the Chairman what he means by substance?

I really want the club to be taken over with new owners but it seems we are no better off than 29th December. In fact, we are probably worse off because Shutes wanted a stadium on the docks and that dream has probably gone, as Stockwood and Pettit never mentioned a preference. Hurst came because he was asked and Hurst never mentions Fenty, only the consortium.

I am usually very positive but with no good news coming out of BP for about 14 weeks, and no mention of deadlines to sort out a solution I am fearing the worst possible scenario of 3 no's, for the new season.

No Takeover
No Hope of a new stadium
No Manager

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 254
Iknowyoursecret
April 7, 2021, 3:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from DB
The end of the consortium statement said:-

'Jason added “Like Philip, we are terribly disappointed by Tom’s decision. We are hopeful however that a solution can be found and will continue our discussions with the Club”.

There will be no further statement from either party until there is something of substance to report to shareholders.'

So there is a problem, otherwise, a solution would not be needed. Whatever the problem is, is it the reason Shutes walked? Will Stockwood and Pettit be able to find a solution to this problem?

So we can only speculate as Day said there would be no further statement until there is something of substance, and again we have to speculate what is 'substance'.

Fenty's pity me message told us nothing about what the problem is and what type of solution is needed.

What we do know is that the EFL approved the deal, so the problem wasn't finance or suitability of the consortium. Due diligence had been done for the deal to get to the EFL stage. All that was needed was signatures and this is when a problem must have occurred to need a solution.

I cannot see the consortium changing things at the last minute, after all, they had got this far and wanted to move on. Fenty had to be the stumbling block and must have wanted to change the contract at the last minute, probably hoping to bulldoze his wishes through at the last minute.

Fenty is the problem and a solution is needed to get rid of him. I am not a shareholder but Day did say that he would only report to shareholders. Perhaps some shareholders on here could ask the Chairman what he means by substance?

I really want the club to be taken over with new owners but it seems we are no better off than 29th December. In fact, we are probably worse off because Shutes wanted a stadium on the docks and that dream has probably gone, as Stockwood and Pettit never mentioned a preference. Hurst came because he was asked and Hurst never mentions Fenty, only the consortium.

I am usually very positive but with no good news coming out of BP for about 14 weeks, and no mention of deadlines to sort out a solution I am fearing the worst possible scenario of 3 no's, for the new season.

No Takeover
No Hope of a new stadium
No Manager

It must be a takeover they simply can’t just invest as this would be acting in concert which is a no no and the EFL or hope not but the national league will not pass it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 254
KingstonMariner
April 7, 2021, 3:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
Ultimately you have to think of it along these lines: who has more to lose?

This is Fenty's one and only opportunity to get his millions back. If JS and AP walk away, well, as we've seen on this thread alone, many will turn their back on the club, revenue will dip, league funding will be practically zero.

That's Fenty's opportunity gone.

His tenure has passed the point of no return. Fans are now expecting him to go. If he remains, it'll be worse than it was already. Lower gates, etc.

JS and AP have next to nothing to lose. They can pull out tomorrow. It seems to be coming down to how much they genuinely love the club. If they love it as much as the next fan, they'll do whatever they can to get this takeover over the line — even if it means giving Fenty a massive wedge of undeserved cash (and so Fenty holds the upper hand).

As for the reasons why Shutes walked, I have no inside knowledge but I suspect it may be to do with Fenty wanting to remain involved in some way over any new stadium.

Fenty, ultimately, only cares about £££. That's his language. The consortium talk in a different language, which is why this has been so difficult to get over the line.

The problem is loving the club though. It might get in the way of clear-headed thinking. The sensible thing in my opinion would be to make it clear that Fenty has no role in this club once the deal to buy his shares has been completed. If they don’t they risk losing a lot of revenue and having to poor or sub-optimal  decision-making in the future. Love if the club has led them to agree a price which many GTFC fans think is over the top.

From Fenty’s point of view he has to accept that, if he really does want to get out, he has no involvement. I know it might be tempting to argue that a bank might not be so ‘benign’ with its loans. But he does still have a lien on the ground if he doesn’t get paid, doesn’t he? He should consider himself lucky he is being offered every penny of his loans and face value of his shares.

Maybe he could even afford to take a bit of a ‘haircut’ on this as Shutes has pulled out.

There’s also the opportunity to try to rebuild his reputation by giving those 200,000 shares back to the Trust. He hasn’t paid a penny for them so he isn’t even making a loss.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 254
marinerjase
April 7, 2021, 3:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,713
Gold Stars: 157
In some respects this is like a game of poker, with each players chances of ‘winning’ changing at the turn of the cards. JF wants money back and maybe still some involvement (who knows?) - the consortium have had at last min plans changed.

The poker starts when the games do.

Consortium - if they were of the mindset of just themselves/money - might be just as wise to watch from afar and risk the clubs future by sitting back and watch it implode. Then step in when goes bust - which inevitably it would without future investment.

JF surely wouldn’t want to risk that possibility - the pleas and playing on people’s heart strings wouldn’t wash anymore - people have no trust in anything he’s involved with. So at some point - he’s better off going and getting finances back.

Damned if you do - damned if you don’t really.

The club is the factor, everyone, including parties involved - state a love for it. So therefore, by deduction - wouldn’t want to risk its future.

The only way that happens is getting a deal done/sorted - like now. Whatever it takes.

Whether they do it or not...

(I used the wrong word initially..’winning..’ )

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 254
DB
April 7, 2021, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.33
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,069
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret

It must be a takeover they simply can’t just invest as this would be acting in concert which is a no no and the EFL or hope not but the national league will not pass it

They just walk away like Shutes did, if they don't like what they are asked to sign.

And poor ol john boy would shout  tyre kickers. It's not my fault I changed things and they didn't like it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 254
26 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The deal

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.