KingstonMariner
March 31, 2021, 10:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner
One of the things that makes me proud of the club.

Does the person who thinks this isn’t something to make you proud of the club want to step forward and let us know who you are?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
DB
March 31, 2021, 11:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Now, now KM. You know how the red crosses work. I believe they were supposed to mean that a person disagreed with you because of a difference of opinion. It now seems to me, from my vast accumulation, that being positive and wanting the best for Town is a good reason for a red cross. There are also those whom you may, unintentionally, upset and the result of a KM post is an automatic red cross, as they don't even bother to read it.

Still, there is something even worse as I've just found out. Fenty might not be leaving, turned my wine into vinegar.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
KingstonMariner
March 31, 2021, 11:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB
Now, now KM. You know how the red crosses work. I believe they were supposed to mean that a person disagreed with you because of a difference of opinion. It now seems to me, from my vast accumulation, that being positive and wanting the best for Town is a good reason for a red cross. There are also those whom you may, unintentionally, upset and the result of a KM post is an automatic red cross, as they don't even bother to read it.

Still, there is something even worse as I've just found out. Fenty might not be leaving, turned my wine into vinegar.

I know exactly how it works DB. I’ve upset people. Some of them deliberately.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
DB
March 31, 2021, 11:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I know exactly how it works DB. I’ve upset people. Some of them deliberately.

You do surprise me, as if.   Nil carborundum despe randum

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2021, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm pleased to say I haven't been contacted by the club.

I'm pleased to say we have. Nice touch, conversation led on to iFollow issues but nice to have a general chit-chat about all things GTFC. Before anyone asks, Lisa doesn't know anything either!!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
ginnywings
April 1, 2021, 3:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm pleased to say we have. Nice touch, conversation led on to iFollow issues but nice to have a general chit-chat about all things GTFC. Before anyone asks, Lisa doesn't know anything either!!

My post was tongue in cheek, in reference to my visit to BP Towers.

Being an old codger myself, I would probably have had a call had I bought a season ticket, but I refrained his time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contact from the club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.