Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 268 Guests

Next season

This thread currently has 4,220 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
March 18, 2021, 8:58pm
Guest User
Who should we keep for next season ? Our best player this season has to be Elliot Hewitt, not many contenders but Elliot has been immense since he’s been in the back four. It could be his best position, I’d like to see him signed up on a longer deal. Good attitude, energy, grit, determination, the stuff they make Docks Beers from, Hewitt’s Ale.
TuckerJenkins
March 18, 2021, 9:08pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Clifton

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Grantham_Mariner
March 18, 2021, 9:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,195
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from 28195
Who should we keep for next season ? Our best player this season has to be Elliot Hewitt, not many contenders but Elliot has been immense since he’s been in the back four. It could be his best position, I’d like to see him signed up on a longer deal. Good attitude, energy, grit, determination, the stuff they make Docks Beers from, Hewitt’s Ale.

Far to soon to make any decision for next season.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
sonofmadeleymariner
March 18, 2021, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Disagree, knowing we're down gives us an advantage. Hurst can start preparing his squad for the 1st of what I'm assuming is probably another 3 to 5 years in the conference

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
moosey_club
March 18, 2021, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
I think Matete and Maneyese are both young, fit and good enough , but i doubt either see themselves as non league footballers, Jackson has some promise and could be retained relatively cheaply i would think to make keeping him sensible , Hewitt has looked good in the last few games but in his previous time to date he hasnt been consistent, is that due to position or is he himself upping his game to attract suitors .....outside of those i think i would start again completely.

Need a solid squad full of players who can realistically/ are capable of playing 30 plus games a season, not players who are constantly convalescing or being nursed through.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
DB
March 19, 2021, 6:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Macca, Hewitt and Clifton. I would like to see Jackson in a full game before the end of the season before commenting. Lamy is Jekyll and Hyde.

I'd ditch the rest and rebuild, we haven't had a consistent midfield capable of supporting any form of attack. The midfield also are over run when the opposition attack.

Apart form, say 5/6 quality players to build a team around will be consistency game in game out and being fit for 90 mins. I'm fed up of watching a 45 min team, be it 1st or 2nd half.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
wuffing
March 19, 2021, 6:58am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 28195

Its not who we should keep though is it? We are probably going down and who is going to want to play non-league football? I am sure that the likes of Hewitt will probably attract the attention of league 2 clubs and who would want to take a pay cut by going down?Hopefully we can pull off a great escape, but if not............

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
dapperz fun pub
March 19, 2021, 7:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Wouldn’t be bothered about not keeping any of them that includes back room staff coaches etc we need change not more of the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
Davec
March 19, 2021, 7:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Regarding Elliott Hewitt, when we go down he would have been relegated from the league at 2 clubs on the bounce, obviously I know it isn't all his fault and he is more than capable of league 2 football but 2 relegations in 3 seasons on his CV potentially won't look very good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
pontoonlew
March 19, 2021, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

It’s absolutely what we should be doing, the more prepared we are for Non League football the quicker we’ll be out of it imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.