Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacement?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 288 Guests

Replacement?

This thread currently has 5,492 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 18, 2021, 8:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
I have read this thread many times before saying anything.

I have found it extremely hard to comment on it. We have a player, not only a player but a human being, who is in hospital with something that as far as we can find out is serious. So serious that he will not be able to play again this season. He has a wife/partner and family to think about, and them about him.

Within a few short hours, in not minutes, we have a thread about his replacement. I find it hard to accept that we as fans can treat anybody with such disrespect. Yes their may be a problem, which it appears Harry Clifton will solve but it is nowhere near the problem Joe Bunney has in hospital.

Paul Hurst delayed the bad news and likewise we should have delayed our reaction. This is not a criticism of the person who started the thread, because it is a genuine enquiry, just the timing isn't right.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 18, 2021, 8:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from DB

I have found it extremely hard to comment on it. We have a player, not only a player but a human being, who is in hospital with something that as far as we can find out is serious. So serious that he will not be able to play again this season. He has a wife/partner and family to think about, and them about him.

Within a few short hours, in not minutes, we have a thread about his replacement. I find it hard to accept that we as fans can treat anybody with such disrespect. Yes their may be a problem, which it appears Harry Clifton will solve but it is nowhere near the problem Joe Bunney has in hospital.

Paul Hurst delayed the bad news and likewise we should have delayed our reaction. This is not a criticism of the person who started the thread, because it is a genuine enquiry, just the timing isn't right.

I don’t think there is any disrespect in this thread. Marsh Mariner’s opening sentence even reflects on the most important aspect of the situation.

It is a football forum.

There is nothing we can do for Joe and his family other than leaving them alone and respecting their privacy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
DB
March 18, 2021, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I don’t think there is any disrespect in this thread. Marsh Mariner’s opening sentence even reflects on the most important aspect of the situation.

It is a football forum.

There is nothing we can do for Joe and his family other than leaving them alone and respecting their privacy.

I did not and do not criticise Marsh Mariner. It is a football forum but at the same time their has to be an amount of decorum. Perhaps at times I'm old fashioned and have respect, but that's me. Others may have different thoughts and that's up to them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 18, 2021, 8:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from DB

I did not and do not criticise Marsh Mariner. It is a football forum but at the same time their has to be an amount of decorum. Perhaps at times I'm old fashioned and have respect, but that's me. Others may have different thoughts and that's up to them.

I have respect which is why I have been standing up for Joe over the past few weeks whilst most have been slagging him off. But I have no problem with anything on this thread because I don’t personally find it disrespectful. If anything happened to me I would want people to carry on as normal and just leave me alone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
DB
March 18, 2021, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I have respect which is why I have been standing up for Joe over the past few weeks whilst most have been slagging him off. But I have no problem with anything on this thread because I don’t personally find it disrespectful. If anything happened to me I would want people to carry on as normal and just leave me alone.

Look I'm not having a go at you, it's just a matter of timing. You have your view on timing and I have mine. It's probably an age thing. So lets both agree to disagree on timing but wish Joe all the best for his future health.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
MarshMariner
March 18, 2021, 9:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from DB

Look I'm not having a go at you, it's just a matter of timing. You have your view on timing and I have mine. It's probably an age thing. So lets both agree to disagree on timing but wish Joe all the best for his future health.

Sorry DB, nothing to do with age, I think you have simply taken my post out of context, as I clearly stated at the start of the post I wish Joe and his family well, this was simply a question to ask what the club would do given the situation.

Thank you to the individuals who have read the post in the manner it was intended  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
moosey_club
March 18, 2021, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB

From a poster who has started a thread about who the next manager should be....while we still have one in place.  Is that not disrespectful ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
golfer
March 18, 2021, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
The Fishy is going to change its name to  "D. B  Fishy "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
Chrisblor
March 18, 2021, 11:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
Reckon this forum would be markedly improved if DB was limited to a maximum of 5 posts a day.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
DB
March 19, 2021, 5:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarshMariner

Sorry DB, nothing to do with age, I think you have simply taken my post out of context, as I clearly stated at the start of the post I wish Joe and his family well, this was simply a question to ask what the club would do given the situation.

Thank you to the individuals who have read the post in the manner it was intended  

I was not having a pop at you and as far as I am concerned it is an age thing to me. I found out at about 8.00 am on Thursday and you posted about 6.00pm. If you had done it today I wouldn't have problem so to me it is an age thing, hence the reason for my posting.

You did also ask an open question "What would you guys do if anything ?"

That said I think we should let the matter rest, and if you think I have taken your comments out of context please accept my apologies.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacement?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.