4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
buckstown
March 18, 2021, 2:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 79
DB, freedom of speech is a great thing, but at 30 posts a day I suspect someone may have told you that the more you post the higher you'll be valued.
This is not the case so why not try quality over volume. We may think more of you
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
davmariner
March 18, 2021, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Anyone suggesting Curtis Woodhouse should receive a lifetime ban from Blundell Park.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Fillipe Noche
March 18, 2021, 2:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Mallyner

You have put my mind at ease, it was baffling me how most of the teams we have lost to, seem to have had more players on the pitch than us.  

He’s having a mare of a day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
DB
March 18, 2021, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from golfer
Hurst is our manager and there are reasons beyond his control why we are in the position we are so as far as I am concerned we shouldn't be even discussing getting rid of him. We have had some shite a sight worse than him in recent years. I would give him a full year to see what he can do and if the takeover materialises there might be a bit more cash to play with. At the moment the manager needs our support so let's give him it and hope the tide turns.

Hurst took the job knowing that the sole aim was to keep the club in the league.
He was aware of the squad before he came
He would have been told his budget before he signed, or he was a fool (don't think so).
He told everybody 'It's a mess', thus helping to demoralising the existing squad. By saying this he also put unnecessary  added pressure upon himself.
He decided to bring in a new squad to sort out the mess, this was his decision based on his experience.

We have had some crap managers in the last few years, but they haven't put us in the NL.

Hurst had support from the moment he was appointed, even by those who didn't like his appointment. In fact like you many on here still give him that support.

The tide has not turned under him, facts prove it has got worse to the extent of relegation. In any other occupation he would be called a failure and is so on here. He has not done what was expect of him so should be dismissed, or have the guts to say I was wrong and resign.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
ex-merseymariner
March 18, 2021, 2:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Dear DB

You have been on this board about 2.5 months.
You post 30 posts PER day on average.  (Have a look at other posters and their averages!)
You create countless threads, often duplicating current threads.

You spout a lot of nonsense including a post where you referred to a 4-2-5-1 formation, now ''corrected" to 4-1-5-1, which still leaves that team without a goalkeeper or with 12 players.   Why don't you think before you post, slow down a bit, consider your posts, listen to others?

Its getting embarrassing. I think you need to listen or leave.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
DB
March 18, 2021, 3:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Why on Gods earth has DB started a New Manager thread, when there is already one called Next Manager - None League

Has DB lost the plot today? I sensed he had when in another thread he alluded to the need to compare LJL to strikers in the Premier League

Priceless.

The only plot I can think of for you is in a graveyard. If you would care to engage the bit between the ears then you would recall that it was you who asked the question of me.

Your eye sight may also be failing you as what I said was Prem managers say you have to take your chances when they come. To simplify this for you the saying means that when goal scoring chances are limited you have to score. Unfortunately LJL didn't twice, It was not a comparison with LJL being in the Prem; as you should have well know. Scoring points is something you try to do.

The only priceless bit is your lack of comprehension.

Now pop of and have tea with John and report back to him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
Bristol Mariner
March 18, 2021, 3:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
You should leave with Fenty and shut the door behind you, take Noche with you too....

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
GollyGTFC
March 18, 2021, 3:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
We are being taken over by a consortium of businessmen who include a guy who has written a book about treating people well and with respect.

Now google why Ian Culverhouse was sacked at Aston Villa.

That’s the reason a FIFA Pro licence coach has had 2 spells at KLT sandwiching a terrible spell at Grantham Town.

Oh and Hurst should stay whatever happens for the remainder of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 30
TwoLeftFeet
March 18, 2021, 3:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Great another post about a new manager just what we need.. Hurst is in charge and given time and backing he's the fella I would back to sort the mess out left by runaway and JF.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
GrimRob
March 18, 2021, 3:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
I am locking this thread as we already have another on the same subject. DB could you not create threads if there are already ones present.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.